MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COTM Status
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: COTM Status Reply with quote

If COTM is dead, I'd like to see it resurrected. Where is everyone?
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is work to maintain the organization in this forum...I would like to see at least two people set as the "main" moderators/organizers/volunteers in this forum. I know PearHead helps out...(and it is greatly appreciated)...but it deserves more than one person as the Cache Of The Month Volunteer...
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:
it deserves more than one person as the Cache Of The Month Volunteer...

Is there anyone interested in helping out? I'm not opposed to seeing more than 1 person do this. If there's others interested, we can discuss the options with Millah and the board to see how to best handle it.
Millah
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all...I apologize for the delay in opening a thread for October nominations until now - I thought I had opened it at the beginning of Sept. when I closed the August nominations window. Obviously not. No nominations for August means that the runner up for July is by default August's winner. Congrats to both Good-boy and jenhen!
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
So what's the scoop with COTM?

Millah hasn't been on the MnGCA site it what appears to be almost 6 weeks and questions regarding the status of COTM have gone unanswered for almost that long.

I know it is from a different thread...but I am still willing to help...sure, I had my "issue" Wink last year...but I would being willing to help out as a 2nd COTM person and keep it going...just let me know...
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also willing to help, I'm more timely on doing things on a computer than getting approvals and placing/finding caches Wink

Plus I have a cache to nominate for January cache of the month anyway (so as long as I can still nominate caches), I'd be willing to help.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msteffel wrote:
I'm also willing to help, I'm more timely on doing things on a computer than getting approvals and placing/finding caches Wink

Plus I have a cache to nominate for January cache of the month anyway (so as long as I can still nominate caches), I'd be willing to help.

I nominated a cache or two when I was helping out a while back...it shouldn't be a problem...at least no on said anything to me about it Wink
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Board:

What is the status with COTM? You have two volunteers (including one taking the bull by the horns).

Any feedback to those wondering what's going on?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to outsource COTM. I have a new website in the works. Should be ready by spring. Smile
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Time to outsource COTM.

I don't think that's the answer, we just need to get a COTM coordinator back on board.

If you're willing to do that much work, why not just coordinate it here?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Time to outsource COTM.

I don't think that's the answer, we just need to get a COTM coordinator back on board.

I volunteered back when Millah took the job. Apparently I wasn't the ideal candidate. But that's neither here nor there. Sounds like you've got another volunteer now. Maybe this time that silly Meralgia won't hide caches that upset some people. Laughing
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Time to outsource COTM.

I volunteered back when Millah took the job. Apparently I wasn't the ideal candidate. But that's neither here nor there. Sounds like you've got another volunteer now. Maybe this time that silly Meralgia won't hide caches that upset some people. Laughing

Oh sure...I get past that incident you you bring it back up...
Wink Laughing Wink
No harm, no foul...it is all in the past!!!
NYSandy23
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I sent a pm to the President about COTM he told me that the Board was discussing the issue at their next Board meeting. I had hoped the Board would post a note to that effect on the forums, but so far nothing.

Thanks Archer for taking the initiative.

Smile
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that are wondering what is going on with the COTM the board has turned the moderator responsibilities over to msteffel to keep it going while we figure out a plan. We are still trying to get a hold of millah to find out what has happened. We are also going to be discussing the long term plan at our next meeting. We will be discussing the possibility of multiple mods for the COTM as well as some guidelines for the mods.
I want to thank msteffel, bflente and archerdragoon for their willingness to help and for the members that enjoy and want to see the COTM continue.
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First - thanks to all the volunteers that donate their time and energy. It is really appreciated. As a person that doesn't visit the forms regularly, I have been baffled by the COTM and how it works. I had been wondering how it gets voted upon. Now today I actually see that there is a vote button. Is that new?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: