MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Month-December 2009
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Month for December 2009?
A Change
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
Evil Micro II: Post Office Park
35%
 35%  [ 12 ]
Cutfoot Sioux CCC Camp F-14
35%
 35%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 34

Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Month-December 2009 Reply with quote

This vote will be open for seven days until the end of January...get your vote in while you can!!!

NYSandy23 wrote:
I would like to nominate A Change, by the Rude Rat Crew. This devilshly evil hide is cunning and unexpected. While the clue is in the cache page description it doesn't really make sense unless you actually find the container. In the open, but not really. In sight, but not really. Every day people pass these by and ignore them.A great job of thought and creativity make this one a winner.

minnesotabrad wrote:
I would like to nominate GCW7RR Traditional Cache Evil Micro II: Post Office Park by FSU*Noles. I found this cache during a WeekNIGHT outing. It was not one of the planned caches so a couple had found it pre-caching. They had as much fun watching us struggle as they did finding it earlier. This is a very well done cache and you have to use stealth at times unless you have a heckling muggle like we had. I don't think he even figured out that we had finally found it. It is one of those that make you scratch your head for a while and then when you finally make the find you say nice hide. It is an evil hide and the kind that makes a city hide fun.

AerosmithPA wrote:
I would like to nominate Cutfoot Sioux CCC Camp F-14
(GC15WC2) by loaner for COTM, November, 2009.

For me, this is what geocaching while travelling is all about. The cache is located near the road and parking, but this cache is nestled in the midst of the very scenic Avenue of Pines in north western Itasca County. The stop to search for the cache provides space to stretch your legs, scenery, and history while earning your smiley. I really like the way Loaner incorporated the history factor into the treasure hunt.

The former CCC and POW camp (yes, German soldiers were held in northern MN during WWII) where the cache is hidden is a place where I have stopped on subsequent trips. Only because this cache pointed the location out to me I have been able to enjoy the camp multiple times.

If you have any words/reviews for any of the caches up for voting, please share them here by posting a reply...

See this thread, http://mngca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5222...for January Cache of the Month Nominations...

[edited so the poll would go till the end of January]

Last edited by Draconisdax on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Note to All:

I took this action on my own...I didn't have any words or "clearance" from the Board...so if this gets shut down...than so be it...but since people wanted something done, I (like msteffel) took it upon myself to take a step forward...
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Evil Micro II: Post Office Park...

"Nominated caches must be available for visiting at the time of nomination. Temporarily Unavailable and Archived caches will be rejected."

All clear...it was ok at the time of nomination (regardless of when voting takes place)...thus whether this thread become official or not...that cache shall stay in the vote listed above...

Later,
Archer
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Personal Note to All:

I took this action on my own...I didn't have any words or "clearance" from the Board...so if this gets shut down...than so be it...but since people wanted something done, I (like msteffel) took it upon myself to take a step forward...

Thank you Archer for taking this step. I support you moderating the COTM. That being said, I would like to see a blessing from the Board to make it all official and legitimate.
gkart65
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: when?? Reply with quote

2008? most of these were not there then. 2009? or is it for future 2010?
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: when?? Reply with quote

gkart65 wrote:

2009...sorry...but, at the moment I cannot update/correct the poll...maybe PearHead can when he has a chance...

Edit: Or msteffel Wink
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: when?? Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:
gkart65 wrote:

2009...sorry...but, at the moment I cannot update/correct the poll...maybe PearHead can when he has a chance...

I could if I understood what you were referring to, however I see December 2009 in the poll so I'm not sure what you guys are referring to.
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the confusion, I updated it and hadn't responded here yet.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msteffel wrote:

Ahh - thanks. Now at least I know I'm not loosing my mind!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So consider this official. Based on the rules the winner will be named December Cache of the Month, runner up will be named January Cache of the month. So get your votes in! Good luck.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msteffel wrote:

If I were in charge, one thing I would change is the voting window. I would guess most people are not like us daily forum dorks in that they don't check in hourly or even daily. I would change the voting window to be a MINIMUM of 2 weeks. I think in an ideal world, the voting should happen during the same period of time for nominations for the following month, whether it's two weeks, 3 or even 4. But one week is not acceptable to catch all possible attention.

Just my lame and lowly opinion.
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
msteffel wrote:

If I were in charge, one thing I would change is the voting window. I would guess most people are not like us daily forum dorks in that they don't check in hourly or even daily. I would change the voting window to be a MINIMUM of 2 weeks. I think in an ideal world, the voting should happen during the same period of time for nominations for the following month, whether it's two weeks, 3 or even 4. But one week is not acceptable to catch all possible attention.

Just my lame and lowly opinion.

I agree - a longer voting window would also give more of us an opportunity to actually visit the nominated caches. There was a little bit of controversy a couple years ago about people voting for caches based solely on the write-ups, and not on actual visits.
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there hasn't been a vote in a while and CotM hasn't been adhering to a schedule I'm extend this vote till the end of the month to give everyone that wants to a chance to vote. As mentioned previously, runner up will be named January CotM. Good luck to all!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Drum roll, please) and the winner of the December 2009 Cache of the Month is......

a TIE!!

I'll have to check the annals of CotM to see if that's happened before (probably has) and since there is nothing in the guidelines about a tie breaker, we have co-December 2009 Cache of the Month winners!

Congratulations to both
FSU*Noles for GCW7RR Traditional Cache Evil Micro II: Post Office Park &
loaner for Cutfoot Sioux CCC Camp F-14
and all the nominees. Keep turning out those great caches! Emails will be sent our before the end of the day.

Last edited by msteffel on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msteffel wrote:
(
loaner for Cutfoot Sioux CCC Camp F-14

These urls are swapped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: