MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vertical Leveling

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Vertical Leveling Reply with quote

The Golden Valley City Council recently voted to "reestablish" the benchmarks located within the city. The staff memo describing the project is available here:
http://gv-img.ci.golden-valley.mn.us/Public/DocView.aspx?id=310859&dbid=2
The memo starts on page 19 of the PDF. I was wondering how this project might impact the geocaching.com listings for benchmarks located in Golden Valley. I don't think it would, but was curious what other people thought.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Vertical Leveling Reply with quote

sparkyfry wrote:
The Golden Valley City Council recently voted to "reestablish" the benchmarks located within the city. The staff memo describing the project is available here:
http://gv-img.ci.golden-valley.mn.us/Public/DocView.aspx?id=310859&dbid=2
The memo starts on page 19 of the PDF. I was wondering how this project might impact the geocaching.com listings for benchmarks located in Golden Valley. I don't think it would, but was curious what other people thought.

The gc.com benchmark listings aren't updated - haven't been for years. You can log them, but they don't add/delete marks from the list any more.
sparkyfry
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Vertical Leveling Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
The gc.com benchmark listings aren't updated - haven't been for years. You can log them, but they don't add/delete marks from the list any more.

Yeah, I know. I'm just wondering if the city project would make the gc.com listings even more out of date.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Vertical Leveling Reply with quote

sparkyfry wrote:
Pear Head wrote:

Yeah, I know. I'm just wondering if the city project would make the gc.com listings even more out of date.

gc.com doesn't list the majority of BMs anyway. They list ones that were in the NGS database the last time that gc.com loaded the database (I want to say that was the fall of '04). Most local BMs, county BMs, etc, aren't in the NGS database.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Benchmarking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: