MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need some help.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marnat3
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: I need some help. Reply with quote

I took my wife and son out today to try and discover our first cache together and tried a couple out but DNF any. I just want to get together with someone to make sure I am doing this right. I am in South St Paul and there are three very close to my house(knowschad challenge, knowschad sequal, and corner of first and third) to show me the ropes on. We would greatly appreciate it. Thanks ahead of time.
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to go out and help you today if interested. I sent you a pm with my cell number. Give me a call and let me know.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: I need some help. Reply with quote

marnat3 wrote:
I took my wife and son out today to try and discover our first cache together and tried a couple out but DNF any. I just want to get together with someone to make sure I am doing this right. I am in South St Paul and there are three very close to my house(knowschad challenge, knowschad sequal, and corner of first and third) to show me the ropes on. We would greatly appreciate it. Thanks ahead of time.

ANYTHING referencing Knowschad, it title or as the hider, is bound to be on the more difficult side. Be wary of the ratings as you get going.
marnat3
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am finding that out. They were close to home so I thought Id try them. Thanks MNbrad but I wont get home from work until 630 tonite.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come out to a WeekNIGHT or a FridayNIGHT event if there is one near your home or work. There are always cachers happy to help out a newbie, and we usually don't start until 7 or 7:30. There is also a Event Cache Icon Breakfast Buddies in Minneapolis this upcoming Saturday. Also chock full of cachers willing to give aid and guidance.
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went in to work for a couple of hours and left after the Vikings game was over and went and found the three caches you tried to find. They are all there. Good hides and the coordinates are spot on. The cache called Corner of First and Third will probably be the easiest to find. Use the clue and you should find it.
marnat3
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't doubt that they were there, I was doubting myself and my powers of observation.Embarassed
I will be off this week Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat.
If that works for anyone. anyone? Question
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnat3 wrote:
I didn't doubt that they were there, I was doubting myself and my powers of observation.Embarassed
I will be off this week Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat.
If that works for anyone. anyone? Question

Wednesday night is WeekNIGHT it is in Crystal this week and Breakfast Buddies is in Minneapolis at Peter's Grill. You should come to those and you will get plenty of help.
marnat3
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Thought while turkey was cooking my son and I would just try to find "first and third" and we did Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy . Thanks for the help and encouragement.
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnat3 wrote:
Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Thought while turkey was cooking my son and I would just try to find "first and third" and we did Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy . Thanks for the help and encouragement.

Congrats!! Hope you can make it to Breakfast Buddies on Sat.
marnat3
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working the Boy Scout Tree lot in Inver Grove Heights with my son this weekend. Fri nite and all day Sat. Imagine that ,I am the responsible adult. Rolling Eyes
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnat3 wrote:
I am working the Boy Scout Tree lot in Inver Grove Heights with my son this weekend. Fri nite and all day Sat. Imagine that ,I am the responsible adult. Rolling Eyes

Just cached my way through IGH yesterday.
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, there, marnat3... sounds like we're neighbors! Feel free to email me through my geocaching.com account if you need help with any of my caches.
marnat3
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks neighbor. I was kind of proud that my first was one of yours, from the looks of it, yours are a little more challenging. We probably see each other all the time and don't even know it.
knowschad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnat3 wrote:
Thanks neighbor. I was kind of proud that my first was one of yours, from the looks of it, yours are a little more challenging. We probably see each other all the time and don't even know it.
I don't know... I've never seen anyone walking around that looks as skinny as you do in your avatar. Have you seen a dog around town that is wearing glasses?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: