MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maplewood Park Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Maplewood Park Hours Reply with quote

I was thinking about hosting a FNC at Joy Park in Maplewood does anybody know if the park hours are same for all parks in that city. The only hours I could find is half hour before sun rise and half hour after sun set.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that those hours are correct for Maplewood parks. I believe that you can verify this with Tesser as she is on the parks board there and we had a discussion about them.
tesser
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Joy Park closes at 30 minutes after sunset. Those are the park hours for all Maplewood parks. Someday soon I'm going to raise the issue at a Parks Commission meeting. It's crazy!

Now, Goodrich park has lighted softball fields, and I cached there at night when games were going on. I figure if they can be there, so can I.

Hockey rinks have lights too. If the park is closed, why the lights? I have seen other cities' ordinances have an exception for "lighted fields."
tesser
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks! Using the data I collected on the neighboring parks in the metro area, the Maplewood Parks Commission voted two meetings ago to extend park hours to 5 am to 10 pm!! After that, the City Council saw no problem with it and passed an ordinance change. It had a first reading, where people could comment. There was no comment. It will have its second and final reading soon. The Parks staff talked to the police staff and they had no objections. Hopefully, there is no opposition from the public. The City Council members could use some POSITIVE feedback, if anyone wants to chime in. I'm not counting my chickens yet on this change, but it looks good. Any Maplewood residents here, please send a message to be read into the public record showing your approval!
tesser
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's approved and published in the Maplewood Review! Yay! Park hours now 5 am to 10 pm
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news tesser!
tesser
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Gladstone Savannah and Gloster Park Closed May 2012 Reply with quote

I am a Maplewood Parks Commissioner. I have been asked to let you all know that the Gladstone Savannah Park Preserve and Gloster Park (which is adjacent) are closing this coming week and the whole park is off limits for any entry. I will be contacting the cache owners and asking them to pull their caches, and asking the cache approvers to suspend approving any caches until further notice.

This park is large, wooded, and inviting to caches, but Phase I of the master plan is starting, and that includes soil remediation and major public works projects to change how the water flows into and through the park. Large equipment will be in there all summer and they don't want to worry about anyone getting hurt.

I know of four caches in the park (one not on geocaching.com) Please do not attempt these caches, even if it looks like they are safe from the bulldozers.

Thanks for your co-operation. Happy caching! (elsewhere Sad )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: