MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just sitting down to catch up on the weeks posts and found this thread. Good grief.
lansima
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work downtown on the 15th floor with a view of the library and I daydream about caching on the "green" rooftop of the library daily. Man, that'd be a great place to hide a cache. I'm pretty sure they don't let people up there though Laughing

I started caching in May this year and I hope to get my 200th find this weekend. I am looking into the whole internet/phone deal just for caching.
seeingitdifferent
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Rude Rats Advise Reply with quote

I think I know of a way to save this cacher. If he would only start by chasing the following caches he may be saved once and for all. Here are the recommended caches.
1. A Change
2. Glad to be Here
3. EP Overlook
4. Pin Me
5. Put Me in Coach
6. Empty Nest

I know it is only a 6 step program but that might do it. However if he is successful, well lets just say it is definately over...

quatch27 wrote:
bflentje wrote:
quatch27 wrote:
Well RudeRat I don't have a FTF yet....and it may be a while before I can really start challenging you for that prize. Personally I don't mind a game of Chess every now and then, the wife has tried needle point and she doesn't really care for it. So there goes that argument. And right now I don't need to pretend to be holding a phone, because it is a phone. So when I am out at that busy intersection I will just be some crazy guy on a cell phone standing on his head. As for texting, the girls are little too young to have cell phones, and when they get old enough for them we are going to have good discussion about that. (GameBoy's....that's a different story Very Happy )
So I think that takes care of it.....your stuck with me. Laughing

I've got 126 FTFs and they're all for sale if you're interested. Let me know and I'll post them in the For Sale topic.

I appreciate the offer...but I don't think RudeRat would like me buying my way in. No I will earn my FTF's with mosquito bites, frost bitten nose, and strange looks...just like everyone else.

Red_Devil35 wrote:
quatch27 wrote:
Never cared for peanut butter sandwiches...maybe I'll pack some SPAM and bread instead. The path I have chosen is also guided by the GPS and it continues to point me toward these hidden treasures. So I will continue to follow it and see what adventures await me.

And just another bit of news: I have been labeled a "geocheater" by the wife. She didn't know that I had been doing some caching over my lunch until she read my post. Embarassed DOH!

You can't use a SPAM container or a bread bag to hide a cache, you silly, silly man!

I haven't hidden any caches yet...but do I hear that as a challenge? Smile
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quatch27 wrote:

Unfortunately I have seen the jar through the peanut butter (the girls love peanut butter sandwiches)....I have also seen the cache in the water bottle on my desk, in the pills bottles, and yes even the stapler sitting behind my water bottle at my desk.

Oooh, I have a mini stapler here in my desk with a busted spring. That spot where the staples would go looks big enough for a pencil lead container. I'll call it "Office supplies"!
quatch27
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I really needed to check in more often....but things were a little busy and I didn't have access to a PC while out of town. But I believe it's officially too late for me now. The wife bought me a Garmin Dakota 10 for our anniversary and we hit some virtual caches in Vegas. So that makes two states now....

seeingitdifferent wrote:
I think I know of a way to save this cacher. If he would only start by chasing the following caches he may be saved once and for all. Here are the recommended caches.
1. A Change
2. Glad to be Here
3. EP Overlook
4. Pin Me
5. Put Me in Coach
6. Empty Nest

I know it is only a 6 step program but that might do it. However if he is successful, well lets just say it is definately over...

I will need to take a look at this 6 step program.....I will do my best....but how do I know if I completed the program? If I find them all is that success?

Red_Devil35 wrote:

That spot where the staples would go looks big enough for a pencil lead container."

OK....now that's exactly what I was thinking when I saw my stapler. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: