MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"the cleaner"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
me
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...sorry about the delay, I've been out of town on business, but I was monitoring the forum. I have seen alot of activity on the part of other cachers to condemn what I did. Good. You are all entitled to your opinions, as am I. I don't think what I did was some great act. It is NOT my place to judge. However, I made a decision when I visited a cache that made me upset, and I acted.

I also said very clearly that I would not act again without notice. Everyone has been talking openly about this issue and that is what I was trying to get going. I may have taken an unusual approach to it, but what is done is done.

KB----You are not my target. Your cache was just the one I happened to be at when I decided to enact my plan. I'm sorry if you feel I'm out to get you. I'm not, I have enjoyed many of your caches. This one however was rather sad. My opinion I know.

Everyone else----I have been noticing alot of caches disappearing lately. And a simply search of "cleaner" will show that my name has popped up in a few logs where they shouldn't be. The Cleaner has not acted since the last post. I have no intention of taking anymore caches right now. I havn't taken any, nor will I be blaimed for those missing. I know my word is crap to all of you, but you have it anyway. I'm not currently taking caches, nor have I been. The one and only cache I cleaned was the Boreas one in Mounds Park.

I won't respond to personal attacks against me as I asked that those that had a problem with me address that issue to me. Posting here for all of your friends to see is nice, but come on...If you have an issue with me or want an answer from me, email me.

Thats it for now, I'll be back more frequently if people want to keep this going.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also said very clearly that I would not act again without notice.

Somehow I missed that, and thought I saw a comment about not notifying anyone.

Quote:
Your cache was just the one I happened to be at when I decided to enact my plan.

I accept that statement.

I haven't finished my 'inventory' but of my 400 caches:

50-60 were stolen

10-15 were wet

5-10 were destroyed by park officials

10-12 had to be removed due to park geocaching limits/rules

Of the stolen ones, probably 20 were doomed from the start because of location. Most of the others were intentional.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be much more willling to have an open dialogue with you if you weren't hiding behind a secondary alias. Tell us your gc.com name. I would love to visit your caches since they are obviously of a much higher caliber than the others out there.
me
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kingboreas"]
Quote:
I also said very clearly that I would not act again without notice.

Somehow I missed that, and thought I saw a comment about not notifying anyone.

My first posting----"I make a promise to everyone here and now...If people can talk openly about this topic, wether it brings about change or not, I will NOT continue my plan to weed out garbage caches....I am holding all furthur action for the sake of peace..corny I know. i don't want anyone worried I might steal their cache..if it disappears, it won't be from me."

I meant this when I wrote it, and stand by it today because I know I haven't taken anymore. You indeed did see something to the tune of me not notifying people, it is on my gc.com profile. I put that in there in response to nasty emails I was getting. However, I thought I made myself clear in this forum that I was not going to be taking any other actions for the time being. As I said, no one needs to believe me, I for one wouldn't believe someone that has taken someone elses cache, but the honest truth is I haven't touched anyones caches. I haven't even been hunting for them recently. It's a shame you've (KB) been losing so many, and a shame for others that have lost theirs too, but once again, IT WAS NOT ME! If and when I decide to act again, I will let everyone know. Presently I have no plans to do that. I like the fact that people are talking about this issue, that is all I ever wanted to accomplish. Wrong way of going about it or not.

As for dropping my name and telling you who I am, I am ME. Check your logs in your caches, you'll find I've signed a few of them. I'm not in the business of posting my finds on gc.com. I only used that site recently to let others know what I was going to do or did. I want to cache in peace, just like everyone else. I currently don't have any active caches, but I have in the past, so if some of you are looking to show me what it's like, forget it, it's too late.

I hope that I'm more clear this time, I will take resposibility for what I do. I will not be blaimed for things I have not done. Others that want to post my name to logs of caches that have gone missing, claiming that perhaps it was the cleaner, have fun with that. I'm pretty sure caches went missing long before the cleaner came about, and will continue to do so in the future. If it makes you feel better to have someone to potentially blaim for all of them, then blaim away. I know what I have done and what I haven't, that's all I have to say about that topic.
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You indeed did see something to the tune of me not notifying people

Yeah, I forgot to check back there. Thanks for clarifying...

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me wrote:
I want to cache in peace, just like everyone else.

All right. There's not much any of us in this thread can do to change the way each of us, individually, wants to go about caching. I'm going to do what I do, King Boreas is going to do what he does, "me" is going to do what he does... it applies to anyone.

Part of geocaching is that we really cannot control what other people do. We only have a serious case if there is anything illegal being done or anything is against park rules. That's just the way it is.

So let's take the words of "me" and go out and cache in peace, just like everyone else.

-Aaron
PeakShift
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So let's take the words of "me" and go out and cache in peace, just like everyone else.

-Aaron

I couldn't agree more!!
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20167&item=3680641724&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It was all just to make a few bucks to sell them on ebay...
TwentySeven
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the king has a bid on them? [/b] Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: