MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanna make a few bucks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irvingdog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Wanna make a few bucks? Reply with quote

I manage the hunting department for the Gander Mountain store in Maple Grove. I'm looking for 2 people who are well versed in GPS to put on a 1 hour seminar in our "lodge". I'd prefer one Garmin and one Magellan person. For the one hour seminar, I'll be presenting a 25 dollar gift certificate to each conductor. Plesae be well versed in the fundamentals of GPS, a little of it's history (and future), and if possible, be able to go communicate in more than just "geek-speak". I'd like for participants to be curious, entry level folks, who can have the tech broken down to pedestrian level.
I suspect some of the people in attendance will have product specific questions, which is why I'd like to get one user of each of the major players in GPSr.

Interested?
irvingdog1@yahoo.com

Oh, yeah, at the end of the seminar, you can feel free to pitch our game and this website. I can easily conduct this seminar, but I'd like to share the opportunity for others.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanna make a few bucks? Reply with quote

Irvingdog wrote:
I manage the hunting department for the Gander Mountain store in Maple Grove.

Finally coming out of the closet, eh? When did you move to Maple Grove? I miss giving you my business.
Irvingdog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I miss helping/visiting with you. I live in Robbinsdale, and this was a quality of life move. 40 minute minnimum commutes are for the birds.
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Wanna make a few bucks? Reply with quote

Irvingdog wrote:
I manage the hunting department for the Gander Mountain store in Maple Grove. I'm looking for 2 people who are well versed in GPS to put on a 1 hour seminar in our "lodge". I'd prefer one Garmin and one Magellan person. For the one hour seminar, I'll be presenting a 25 dollar gift certificate to each conductor. Plesae be well versed in the fundamentals of GPS, a little of it's history (and future), and if possible, be able to go communicate in more than just "geek-speak". I'd like for participants to be curious, entry level folks, who can have the tech broken down to pedestrian level.
I suspect some of the people in attendance will have product specific questions, which is why I'd like to get one user of each of the major players in GPSr.

Interested?
irvingdog1@yahoo.com

Oh, yeah, at the end of the seminar, you can feel free to pitch our game and this website. I can easily conduct this seminar, but I'd like to share the opportunity for others.

Check your Email Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kev!!!
What are the chances of Gander Mountain donating a few door prizes for the spring MnGCA kick off event?? Or sponsoring a cache?
They would be welcome to place signs and have flyers posted around the event.... bring little business your way. PM me and we can talk.

And anyone else who has ANY connections of a store or company who might want to either donate prizes or sponsor a cache, let me know.
Event will be held in early May (and will not conflict with WGA event)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Irvingdog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddess,
Actually, I'm in the process of trying to get Gander to do a promotion (a'la Magellan) relying on the principals of caching. The cache would be gift cards or some such thing. I've got some stuff cooking. As far as sponsoring goes, anything is possible, and I can direct you to the proper people. BTW, why don't you folks use one of our "Gander Lodges" for your meetings? Free, and easy to access. Here again, I can get that done for you, or you can determine which store's location works best, and call that manager. If they have questions, he/she can call me at Maple Grove. They are actually pretty nice facilities. Fireplace. Meeting room sized tables. Not exactly a PETA members paradise, but, get over it. I don't feel comfortable in a vegetable garden Wink .
murph
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And anyone else who has ANY connections of a store or company who might want to either donate prizes or sponsor a cache, let me know.
Event will be held in early May (and will not conflict with WGA event)

Centris,

Help me out here. I am new to all this stuff but tell me more about the event and what type of door prises are you looking for. My company may be able to help out some. I am sure the event is more in the metro area which limits what I would be able to help but let me know and I will do whatever I can.

Thanks
murph
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irvingdog wrote:
Not exactly a PETA members paradise, but, get over it. I don't feel comfortable in a vegetable garden Wink .

People Eating Tasty Animals???? Wink
I don't think that is really a problem with this group, do you??? Thanks for the offer..... We'll be in touch!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gander mtn. gave away 1k gift cert. for those in line for the Pioneer Press at 1130pm on thursday the 29th....only about 40-50 there.......

if we can get 20 togethor maybe we can get 500? (dreaming)
Irvingdog
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT.........Call me at the store tomorrow between 1-10 p.m. or just ask for Kevin on any given day. I'm usually there.
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW, why don't you folks use one of our "Gander Lodges" for your meetings? Free, and easy to access. Here again, I can get that done for you, or you can determine which store's location works best, and call that manager. If they have questions, he/she can call me at Maple Grove. They are actually pretty nice facilities. Fireplace. Meeting room sized tables.
Sounds like a good idea--Midwest Mountaineering has been nice enough to let us use their meeting room, and Backpacker Magazine just said that they are one of the best locally owned outdoor stores in the nation, but their meeting room is a damp cubby hole in the basement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: