MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GC26NWB - Gauntlet 2010 - Senses Census

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: GC26NWB - Gauntlet 2010 - Senses Census Reply with quote

If any of you enjoyed Seldon's Gaunlet multicache from 2008, you had better check this one out.. This adventure was worth the effort. I can't say much without ruining the fun for you but one thing I will say is that this one does NOT require you to drive around 50 miles like the last one.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=36938328-3a52-4316-b7ff-b1c456e086db

If there is to be a Minnesota Cache-Of-The-Year, this is it.
mayberryman
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: I agree! Reply with quote

I recently completed this cache, and I must say it is the best cache I have ever done.

It is a great mix of good hiking, QUALITY caches, and stages not too difficult to complete.

I would also suggest that you do this one with a caching friend for safety and fun.
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, "Seldon's 2010 Senses Census" is one great cache. Not only are the various stages unbelievably creative, it's also a great hike. The landscape and the Cannon River are beautiful.

Put this cache on your list. Better yet, load it to your GPS right now, grab a friend and get on it!

Kurt
jacknsue
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try it as it is close to home. I must say that after completing the 2008 one, I wondered what all the gushing was about. For something a crew must have worked on , it was rather basic.
JJnTJ
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see it's back in operation! I may try to go back down there yet this fall to pick it up.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacknsue wrote:
Will try it as it is close to home. I must say that after completing the 2008 one, I wondered what all the gushing was about. For something a crew must have worked on , it was rather basic.

Couldn't find user "jacknsue" on geocaching.com so I could not determine your experience level. But the deal is, after you've cached a while, you'll find there are only so many medicine bottles in rotten stumps that are exciting. You will begin to crave caches like this. I suspect you have not yet found enough totally boring caches to fully appreciate the Seldon challenge. I loved the engineering and adventure of the 2008 cache and thought the 2010 version was even better.. by a mile.

Then again, I could be completely misreading your comment.
jacknsue
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two of the most interesting caches have been "A Strange Little Park" and I think the name is "In the Wide Open". Very clever camo. ZoeJam's Yesteryear and "Area 51" are rather challenging also.
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacknsue Could you post some GC numbers for those so I can check them out. I looked at your found caches history, but could only find Area51 (disabled due to flood)
A-body
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart
I think this one is for you: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC2JJMQ&log=y#
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-body wrote:
Bart
I think this one is for you: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC2JJMQ&log=y#

Cute. It's on my list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Recommended Caches All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: