MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011 3rd Annual Multistate Caching Extravaganza

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: 2011 3rd Annual Multistate Caching Extravaganza Reply with quote

First in 2009, there was the Great River Road and Venice, Louisiana. In 2010 there was New England and the Great Lakes Challenge AND the BWCA canoeing event.

In 2011, our summer multistate geocache outing will be to Colorado. It will include various areas such as Denver, Colorado Springs, Boulder, and the surrounding areas. Think Pike's Peek, Garden of the Gods, and umpteen state and national parks to visit. There's also preliminary talk of a day trip to Four Corners. We'll cache through Kansas and find Mingo on the way out and cache through Nebraska on the way home.

The trip will only be 7 nights this time around. The preliminary, but very solid, date of trip is Friday, July 8th through Saturday July 16th, 2011.

I will NOT be bringing any children on this trip. There are two extra seats available for riders. You pay your own expenses and contribute your fraction of the fuel. I would guess that a VERY rough estimate of your total cost of the trip would be between $700 and $1000.

PM me if you have an interest. The last two years have been a blast and I would love to share the experience with someone else if I can.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will tell you from growing up in Colorado it is a long drive to Four Corners from the eastern plains (Denver) plus I would double check as you get closer, that area has been undergoing a lot of construction and has been closed quite a bit recently. If it is open it is a fun trip, but it can be a long one! I would also recommend Mt Evans in the metro Denver area and Central City if you want to find a few caches and take on Lady Luck in a former gold rush town.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no stranger to long drives. The New Orleans trip was over 3600 miles and New England we logged over 4600 miles. By my calculation, my tentative route on this trip is less than 3000 miles, which will be relaxing compared to past years.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check out the peak. Mountain tops and lighthouses seem to be nice things to focus on geocaching wise.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trip has officially changed to..

2011 Pilgrimage to Geocaching Mecca

- Focus will be Seattle and the trifecta caches.
- multistate routes towards my goal of caching all 50 states.

Unfortunately, the timing will not coincide with the August 20th Groundspeak Block Party mega-event.

Still offering up two seats on this junket. Need to know by spring so transportation can be confirmed. If the Snowqualmie Pass Tunnel opens, we'll also be hauling bicycles.
minnstars
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up on the Block Party event. We've been talking about doing a trip to the Northwest for a couple years. I have my agenda (A.P.E. & Groundspeak Headquarters) and my wife has another (visit friends and National Parks). I'm going to try to talk my Mrs. into it. We would fly in and rent a car if I can get it scheduled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: