MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lowrance Ifinder H2oC .loc files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnthekids
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Lowrance Ifinder H2oC .loc files Reply with quote

I have a Lowrance Ifinder H2oC. I am trying to download groups of waypoints from geocaching.com and put them on my MMC. When I do, they download as a .loc file. I cannot find a way to download those from my MMC to my GPS. I can only make .gpx files work. Any one else run into this and/or a solution? I'm trying to download a group rather than one at a time; which takes forever. Thanks!
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Lowrance XOG, I tried to download the files in as gpx's and loc's and didn't have much luck keeping them the way they were supposed to be. What I found useful is to download the geocaching converter file on the Lowrance site and use that to change the gpx/loc to .usr (Lowrances file). Clunky, but it works.
tnthekids
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll give it a try. Gotta be faster than one at a time Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: