MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Football 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
Hey Gilby--did anyone on your team play this week?

Hmmm, I think I need to take a class on "smack talk"

No class needed, I think you have the smack down just fine. I'll tell ya, it hurts bad to lose to a team called the "Fluffy Bunnies"!!!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGilby4 wrote:
Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
Hey Gilby--did anyone on your team play this week?

Hmmm, I think I need to take a class on "smack talk"

No class needed, I think you have the smack down just fine. I'll tell ya, it hurts bad to lose to a team called the "Fluffy Bunnies"!!!

Ouch.
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh... twice now I've had the best record in the regular season and haven't won the MnGCA Title. But at least last year I made it to the big game. Who am I - the Vikings?! Twisted Evil Wink

(8 teams make the playoffs out of 10?! Why not 6 with the top two teams getting a bye. Wink )

Thanks, commish, for another fun year - and especial thanks to whomever beats Gilby! Twisted Evil Wink
sapalas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i could be considered the 1st round Cinderella story.Very HappyVery Happy haha. Sorry to the 1st seed team. DNF. I last checked before the night-game last night and was just losing, so i figured i was done. I was surprised I won when i looked this morning.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and sadly the Commish didn't even make the playoffs. Oh how I suck, but it was fun. I'm contemplating possibly doing next year's league where everyone could keep 1 player, as sort of incentive to play again and provide a little "appreciation" for seniority in the league. (Hopefully we can get a few more folks next year to make it even more fun)

Thoughts on the idea?? (Lord knows I'll probably be keeping my kicker with the stellar year I had, so the idea wasn't born out of selfish reasons)
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou, not a fan of keeping the 1 player. IMHO, It makes it more fun each year to know that you can get a chance at ALL the players.

@Sapalas, Thank you for taking out DNF, I really didn't want to face that team. However, now I need to face your surging 8th seeded team, you never know what's going to happen. Good luck!

I'm hoping for a win and a Fluffy Bunny win. I need to dish out some payback on that Rabbit!!!
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hate on the Bunnies - especially how they are playing right now!
qwerty2582
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how I've done as well as I have this season... I really don't know anything about football, but I'm glad I joined at the last minute - it's been a lot of fun!! And maybe I can squash some bunnies and make it to the playoffs... anything can happen! I mean, look at the Vikings! Razz
sapalas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the Cinderella Man from the Cinderella story... (Visions of Bill Murray in Caddyshack spin through my head)

Can the 8 seed do it one more time? IDK Its those dang bunnies. Maybe this time I can turn them into mittens. Laughing
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided that it wouldn't be very nice to hog the crown for another year. Congrats Sapalas! Go get them Bunnies!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See I just have to remain neutral on this one... ok so I may not be neutral... but I have learned one thing, I'm not taking you to a pet store Gilby, I'd hate to have to explain the mass murder of little innocent bunnies cause you have some issues about bunnies that served you a couple of beat downs in the season! =)
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapalas took out the #1 seed in game 1, the defending champ in game 2, and now has the toughest challenge of all... the Commish's wife! Wink

Good luck to both, I'm glad neither of you are Gilby [like we would have ever heard the end of it if he went back to back!]! Wink

Thanks MNMizzou for another fun season (though your choice in number of teams that makes the playoffs could have been better Wink !!
Hayward Cheezehead
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Never saw this! You can put me on the list to sign up next year if there is spot open.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By a final score of 122-70 your 2009 MnGCA Fantasy Football champion is THE FLUFFY BUNNIES! The 8 seed couldn't quite pull off the Cinderella story, (but hey you at least were in the playoffs, unlike my team!)

I think that the Yahoo interface seemed to work well, so look for the 2010 League there, thanks to everyone that made it a fun season, and Gilby, I'm sorry to say that you'll have to come up with another team name, as we accomplished our goal of unseating you after your 2008 title run. For those who didn't get in on the action, there is plenty of space for next year, the only "trick" is we need to have even numbers for the leauge to run properly. Look for the 2010 league to form right around the time the Vikings report to Mankato, with the draft to follow shortly thereafter.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*ahem*

THE FLUFFY BUNNIES ROCK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: