MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

State Fair Exhibit
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: State Fair Exhibit Reply with quote

Thursday August 27th is DNR day at the State Fair.

I heard that the DNR are having some extra exhibits at the DNR area. I asked if they wanted some help with the geocaching table (they had one last year). They said sure, the MnGCA can have a table and asked if I could do 2 stage presentations on geocaching also.

The hours are 10 to 5 and I have 6 tickets for some MnGCA members to help talk to people that visit the table. This is just a one day commitment and would like to see if anyone could help out in 3 hour shifts. Should be a blast!

If you are interested PM me. I will see how many responses I get by next Saturday. If anyone wants to come out and help without a free ticket that would be great too!

Does anyone have an 8x8 awning that we could use that day?
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: State Fair Exhibit Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:

I heard that the DNR are having some extra exhibits at the DNR area. I asked if they wanted some help with the geocaching table (they had one last year). They said sure, the MnGCA can have a table and asked if I could do 2 stage presentations on geocaching also.

The hours are 10 to 5 and I have 6 tickets for some MnGCA members to help talk to people that visit the table. This is just a one day commitment and would like to see if anyone could help out in 3 hour shifts. Should be a blast!

If you are interested PM me. I will see how many responses I get by next Saturday. If anyone wants to come out and help without a free ticket that would be great too!

I have a Coleman GeoSport shade you can use. It is about 15'x15' according to the Coleman web site.

andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: State Fair Exhibit Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
andrewmcc wrote:

I have a Coleman GeoSport shade you can use. It is about 15'x15' according to the Coleman web site.

Thanks Red
Can I keep it in mind. I think our space is limited to about 10x10. but I will check.
Thanks
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could use at least one more person to help out with the state Fair table. Please PM me ASAP so I can get the tickets.
It should be fun!
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, what time? Anyone coming from around here want to carpool? Where is the best parking spot?
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jam3s wrote:
Okay, what time? Anyone coming from around here want to carpool? Where is the best parking spot?

The closest parking is on the Hippodrome side if you are there early enough.
I will be there early and we will probably stay late 9:00. (yes we are one of those)
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need any "special" cache containers to demo?
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

I always like to show special containers so they know what they are getting into.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

Nothing too scary now, you don't want to give the tots nightmares! Cool
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that I remember seeing a post about heads. This could be interesting...
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: State Fair Exhibit Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
andrewmcc wrote:

Thanks Red
Can I keep it in mind. I think our space is limited to about 10x10. but I will check.
Thanks

That reminds me Red. I found a smaller tent for the fair. Thanks for the offer.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MnGCA is all set for the State Fair!
We have a tent and a table next to the stage in the DNR area.
If anyone is out there on Thursday the 27th between 10 and 5 come and visit.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
The MnGCA is all set for the State Fair!
We have a tent and a table next to the stage in the DNR area.
If anyone is out there on Thursday the 27th between 10 and 5 come and visit.

Thanks to everyone involved in this - this could prove to be a huge opportunity for geocaching and the MnGCA in particular.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

State Fair update!!
Wow, what a day! My wife .so, and daughter (t-birdmac) got to the grounds at 8:30 and set up the tent and tables. Before we were done, people were coming up to talk to us. Officially we started at 10:00 and went to 5:00.
The DNR gave us a counter to see how many people came to visit. At 5:00 we had nearly 700 visitors and probably more because we got busy and forgot to count. On top of that I gave 2 stage presentations during the day and had about 70 people at the first and 80 at the second. We gave out many cards and pamphlets.

Everyone that came to help had a blast!
I want to thank Maryufaust, Jams3, Oakwilt, Kurt Franke, Catzilla, VikingNav and of course my family for the great day. Thanks to the staff at William O'Brien and Judy at the St Paul office for supporting us and the MnGCA. They were so pleased that we have been invited back again next year.

This was a very good day for the MnGCA
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job! Glad it went well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: