MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel Bug "race"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ECA Dad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Travel Bug "race" Reply with quote

I have to share a story about four of my mom's travel bugs...

My mom created four travel bugs by having each of my sister's kids donate one of their toy cars, and then have a "race" to see which one travels the most. They all started in July 2008. All four started in various Wisconsin caches.

David's has logged 156 miles, and hasn't left the state.
Emily's has gone 352 miles, also all within the state, and has been in someone's hands since April.
Angela's has logged 1811 miles, and has been to Chicago, Indiana, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, and is currently near Birmingham, Alabama.

And little quiet Benjamin's? 19,211 miles! It's been to Atlanta, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arizona, New Mexico, Indiana, and recently has been drifting around Chicago.

He's definitely proud of his little car!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/search.aspx?tx=9329bc43-04e7-4121-9a25-2b2e4e14b0fc&o=1&uid=2469cb79-d4aa-4c7b-ad93-4b9cc0aa6d5c

ECA Dad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Travel Bugs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: