MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cold enough for ya?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Cold enough for ya? Reply with quote

Of the over 800 caches on my found list, not one of them was logged by anyone yesterday. I, on the other hand, was stupid enough to hunt one down.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cold enough for ya? Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
Of the over 800 caches on my found list, not one of them was logged by anyone yesterday. I, on the other hand, was stupid enough to hunt one down.

Well if it had been a weekend I might have considered going during the day... Being that I wasn't home until after 5pm I wasn't about to brave the cold.

At least tomorrow after the event it should be well above zero (*crossing fingers*) and maybe we can get some group caching in Smile

Silent Bob
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out for a little bit looking for the WinterCarnival blue puck instead....

Key words " little bit"
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wrestling with a furnace blower motor that doesn't want to start. Replaced the capacitor last week, but the problem seems to be that the motor is going. I had to start it this morning by pushing it with a stick! Flipped the thermostat fan switch to always on, and hope that keeps us warm until I can figure out what replacement motor I need to get.

So I have an excuse for not caching right now, and its not just that the thermoeter in the backyard read -28F at 5AM this morning. The front yard thermometer is higher up and read a balmy -22F at the same time. Maybe I'll put a cache in the front yard and you all can come and get it.

-Rick
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickrich wrote:
So I have an excuse for not caching right now, and its not just that the thermoeter in the backyard read -28F at 5AM this morning. The front yard thermometer is higher up and read a balmy -22F at the same time. Maybe I'll put a cache in the front yard and you all can come and get it.

As long as the cache contents don't include Non-linear Kelsey's presents I think that would be fantastic Wink

Silent Bob
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here i thought it was bad because I have a frozen water pipe, hot tub that is stuck at 47 degrees, and a penny stuck in my garbage disposal.....

I wouldn't trade all those for a furnace problem
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitch wrote:
I wouldn't trade all those for a furnace problem

I don't know if it because I am on the first floor and the underground garage is right below me or if it is the sliding glass door or what, but my apartment gets so cold when the temps drop below 0 that it's ridiculous... I am SO glad I have a nice, warm, down conforter Smile

Silent Bob
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: It's cold don't 'cha know! Reply with quote

rickrich wrote:

-Rick

I guess I can kinda relate. Damn car wouldn't start this morning. Let's see it was only -25 degrees out, don't know why??? So I go to my backup vehicle, the 1982 Dodge with a plow. No such luck. Sad I guess I won't hit 200 today. Oh well.

Called boss to let him know I would be working from home, his response..... I needed to talk to you today, is there any chance you can get it jumped and get in here. My response..... "well, my experience with AAA on a day like today..... they will be here about Noon tommrow!" lol Some peoples kids. Thank goodness for VPN!

-JT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: It's cold don't 'cha know! Reply with quote

KC0QEG wrote:
I guess I can kinda relate. Damn car wouldn't start this morning. Let's see it was only -25 degrees out, don't know why??? So I go to my backup vehicle, the 1982 Dodge with a plow. No such luck. Sad I guess I won't hit 200 today. Oh well.

I have never experienced driving in weather like this... Is it normal for a clutch to start slipping when it is this cold? My clutch has been REALLY stiff after work (being outside all day) and today it was stiff after driving for 15 minutes or so (I have an underground garage). When I was getting closer to work I noticed that the clutch was slipping. On a car with 28k miles it shouldn't be slipping at all.

Is this normal?

Silent Bob
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: It's cold don't 'cha know! Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
KC0QEG wrote:

I have never experienced driving in weather like this... Is it normal for a clutch to start slipping when it is this cold? My clutch has been REALLY stiff after work (being outside all day) and today it was stiff after driving for 15 minutes or so (I have an underground garage). When I was getting closer to work I noticed that the clutch was slipping. On a car with 28k miles it shouldn't be slipping at all.

Is this normal?

Silent Bob

Oh the old normal quesiton.... Question Not sure... I have one vehicle that isi a stick, but seeing how its a collector, it doesn't come out after about the 1st of Oct. When it's this cold..... I think anything can happen. and when a care is involved..... well...... I would suspect its the transaxel fluid mucking things up... but what do I know... I know enough to be dangerous! Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Cold enough for ya? Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
Of the over 800 caches on my found list, not one of them was logged by anyone yesterday

Please don't tell me you have all 800 caches on your watch list Shocked
How do you get anything done?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Cold enough for ya? Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
How do you get anything done?

How does Boreas get anything done when he gets emails from 400 caches Smile

Silent Bob
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centris wrote:
Please don't tell me you have all 800 caches on your watch list

No, no, no! I just scanned through the listings in my profile.

Silent Bob wrote:
How does Boreas get anything done when he gets emails from 400 caches

I've always wondered how many emails KB gets per day.
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he has two email accounts....
and but I know he reads a lot of them....
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came home last night and found our furnace out as well! Because of the expected overnight temp I had to throw money at the problem and pay a guy to come and fix it. OUCH!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: