MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ammocans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Ammocans Reply with quote

Not selling anything. But thought I'd report what I found on ammocan pricing yesterday.

Gander Mountain is selling 50cal ammocans for $19.99. Spendy, but they look like brand new and never used by the military. No yellow silkscreen printing either.

Fleet Farm seems to be struggling to get rid of their last nasty lot of 30cal and 50cal ammocans. The ones that look like they've been in outside storage for 50 years.. 30cals on sale for $3.99 and 50cal for $4.99.

Lakeville location for both the above.
incakola
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Ammocans Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Not selling anything. But thought I'd report what I found on ammocan pricing yesterday.

Gander Mountain is selling 50cal ammocans for $19.99. Spendy, but they look like brand new and never used by the military. No yellow silkscreen printing either.

Fleet Farm seems to be struggling to get rid of their last nasty lot of 30cal and 50cal ammocans. The ones that look like they've been in outside storage for 50 years.. 30cals on sale for $3.99 and 50cal for $4.99.

Saw those... some sandpaper and spray paint is all they need.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Ammocans Reply with quote

incakola wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I bought several. I don't even bother with the sandpaper. A few coats of rustoleum and we're good. The Rustoleum chemically reacts with the rust to change its composition (supposedly). Aside from some sticky handles, they look good as gold (literally in one case Smile
X51hz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleet farm has them for 4.59 in blaine
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X51hz wrote:
fleet farm has them for 4.59 in blaine

Then that must be the Lakeville price too. Somethin close to $4.99 anyway.
mazeophobic
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they still priced that way at any fleet farms? I went to both the Blaine and Brooklyn Park store today and they are $6.99 each. The ones in Blaine were in pretty good shape, very little rust. The ones in Brooklyn Park were really rusty. So for the same price, Blaine is the place to go. Anyone still seeing them for $4, I would love to pick up 10 or 15 at that price.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ammocans Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
incakola wrote:
bflentje wrote:

I bought several. I don't even bother with the sandpaper. A few coats of rustoleum and we're good. The Rustoleum chemically reacts with the rust to change its composition (supposedly). Aside from some sticky handles, they look good as gold (literally in one case Smile

Actually I think the rust makes good camo. The best natural camo I have seen on an ammo can is the History cache for William O'Brien SP. I hid it and a week later they did a prescribed burn. Very beautiful. Golds, reds, greens and rusts.
X51hz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Ammocans Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
bflentje wrote:
incakola wrote:
bflentje wrote:

Actually I think the rust makes good camo. The best natural camo I have seen on an ammo can is the History cache for William O'Brien SP. I hid it and a week later they did a prescribed burn. Very beautiful. Golds, reds, greens and rusts.

and some fused to the can swag.....I remember that thing at last years event.
rosebud55112
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaine Fleet Farm ammo cans up to $7.99 now.
jonsom
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack up the prices for the hunters.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a large lot of .33 ammocans, how many would you be interested in and what's the most you'd reasonably be willing to pay?
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
If I had a large lot of .33 ammocans, how many would you be interested in and what's the most you'd reasonably be willing to pay?

25 @ $6.00
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Buy / Sell / Trade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: