MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what else have you found? besides the cache...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
EskoClimber wrote:
I stumbled on a photo shoot at West Riverside GCHR7B for the Calendar for the Isanti Historical Society.
I am going to have to get one of the calendars for my mother.

What Esko leaves out was the content of the photo shoot. Shocked

The photographer got it all, including the potatoes. Now wife wants one of the calendars.
TimbreWlf
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of sounding totally ignorant....

Are they doing another "History Buffs" Calendar?
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The calendar is inspired by the movie "Calendar Girls".
JJJeffr
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now know what is meant by the LAP of LUXURY. When I walked up to stage 1, I noticed the Lap of Luxury.... at least I bet that is where he thought he was as she lay there with her eyes closed and a smile on her face. They didn't even notice me walk up look turn around and walk away Shocked
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could describe the scene I ran into last summer geocaching on the Mississippi River Walk in downtown Minneapolis, happening in plain site. But I'd rather not be booted from this website for lewd and graphic language. Let's just say, it resembles JJJeffr's post but with the implication that it was MUCH MORE GRAPHIC.
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Cache Crop Reply with quote

My wife and I were caching near Grand Rapids last week and when we got close to GZ of a cache up there. She thought she spotted the cache in an ice cream container. I was closer to the ice cream bucket and stated that, "Nope that's not the cache because a plant is growing out of it. It's cannabis!!!" We found another 7 buckets as well. There could quite a few more on this southern facing hillside,

We didn't find the cache (which is one of her brother's caches - he is an evil hider).

My question to the members, "Would you mark the location and notify the sheriff? or would you just let it go?"
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report it and tell the cache owner to archive it. Marijuana growers are none too fond of others traipsing all over their "territory".

The plants won't mature until late August at the earliest but they may be back to check on them soon.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRL
I thought that you were talking about a cache at a park in Elk River called Happy Birthday Dad, There was the same deal. I did mark the coords and called the police. They went out a pulled them.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I encountered this on Saturday near a cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=66ba7d38-96ca-4098-8e65-db154c2c0ca4

Hopefully it wasn't a cacher!
DonB!
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Alabama, at a wayside rest, as I headed into the trees on a trail, I first encountered 3 or 4 syringes, laying there uncapped. After shaking off the "Ewwww" shivers, I then came upon 4 prophylactics (trying to use good words here), and realized I was probably sitting in a rendezvous spot. I split quickly.

In my hometown, I found a dead cow carcass. It looked kind of cool, so I placed a cache near there and named it "One Dead Cow". Many people report seeing the dead cow on their hunt.

At a famous King Boreas hide, I found 3 dead animals (looked like dogs???) leashed to a tree in the woods. Sadly, I can only imagine that some moron abandoned them while fishing at that location.

On a night time cache hunt, I parked at the parking area of a public park, and headed in to find the cache. WHile there I could hear the residents across the street asking each other, "What do you think he's doing over there?", and "I don't recognize the car, do you?" On this one, I quickly found the cache and left the scene. After all, it was 1:45 AM and I had to get home after a long evening of work.

That's it for now...

DonB!
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
I encountered this on Saturday near a cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=66ba7d38-96ca-4098-8e65-db154c2c0ca4

Hopefully it wasn't a cacher!

Wouldn't they have left "it"...not took "it"...otherwise you would not have found "it"!!! Wink
Nitro_R/T
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking online at different skulls, I'm pretty sure that this was a wolf skull. About 15' away from the cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=4e58bef0-669c-499e-a722-3c328820422f
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitro_R/T wrote:
After looking online at different skulls, I'm pretty sure that this was a wolf skull. About 15' away from the cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=4e58bef0-669c-499e-a722-3c328820422f

I agree this looks canine. But it almost looks like it could be domestic dog.. blunt canine teeth and very wide nose ridge. Still a nice find.
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of you know my story about Enfield Rest Area, and what I found can not be written about on this forum. Let's just say that I was so grossed out by the artifacts I found on the snowy ground, that I didn't return to find the actual cache until last week (over a year and a half later). I have finally exercised that demon and have vowed never to use that rest area ever again!

Sorry for the "leave you hanging" moment, but it's really not forum material. Just writing about it makes me gag a little!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGilby4 wrote:
Many of you know my story about Enfield Rest Area, and what I found can not be written about on this forum. Let's just say that I was so grossed out by the artifacts I found on the snowy ground, that I didn't return to find the actual cache until last week (over a year and a half later). I have finally exercised that demon and have vowed never to use that rest area ever again!

Sorry for the "leave you hanging" moment, but it's really not forum material. Just writing about it makes me gag a little!

NOW I need the rest of the story. I have not heard it yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: