MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Training Materials?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Training Materials? Reply with quote

I am looking for some brochures or handouts for an event coming up in a couple weeks. Does anyone have any brochures explaining the MnGCA (to nongeocachers) or geocaching? (I would like to point out that I am well aware of Geocacher-U.com)

Also, does anyone have any pictures of their presentation boards? I know that Andy has one! I am making one and would also like to let others use it for their events if they would like.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have some geocaching-u handout and business cards for the MnGCA. I'd be happy to give some to you.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
Yes, I have some geocaching-u handout and business cards for the MnGCA. I'd be happy to give some to you.

Sure, I could use them. I know that anything will help as I only have a couple volunteers (with 15 GPSr's), they are planning on over a thousand people and each person has to find few caches. I think that anythin will be a time saver.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also does anyone know of a place that would be willing to lend out some GPS units? Carver county is looking for some to borrow for a class. I recommended them to contact the State Parks to see if they might be willing to lend some, but do we have a place that we might be able to contact?
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jam3s wrote:
Also does anyone know of a place that would be willing to lend out some GPS units? Carver county is looking for some to borrow for a class. I recommended them to contact the State Parks to see if they might be willing to lend some, but do we have a place that we might be able to contact?

Have them check with the Local University of Minnesota Extension Office...some of the Regional Offices around the state have GPS units that may be able to be checked out for a limited time...they are the very same units that the State Parks are using...
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcherDragoon wrote:
Jam3s wrote:

Have them check with the Local University of Minnesota Extension Office...some of the Regional Offices around the state have GPS units that may be able to be checked out for a limited time...they are the very same units that the State Parks are using...

I did not know that. I will have to call them.

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Volunteer Opportunities All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: