MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anonymous Logs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My quick guess, based on the handwriting, is that it's a male, between 40 and 55 years old. Take special notice as how the letter "f" is written. Also, note that the "1st Finder!" handwriting at the top is likely Good-Boy's, so it shouldn't be considered part of the sample.

The rest of a lot of it is personality stuff which likely won't help much, such as spastic capitalization at the beginning of words, drawing the "a" always as a capital, the inability to write a "k" that looks lowercase, and letters that lean both left and right. Of course, some of this may have to do with the fact he was probably very cold. The smiley drives me nuts on it too.

Too bad it wasn't a tight architectural script, or I'd know it's Moe the Sleeze right away. Moe - where did you pick that up anyway? Your carrer? Perhaps a high school drafting class?

-Aaron
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I get the feeling we are going to see a lot more of FTF not being logged just to tick u off and give us clues?

Better go back and check for footprints and fingerprints.......
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitch wrote:
Why do I get the feeling we are going to see a lot more of FTF not being logged just to tick u off and give us clues?

And we were worried about coming up with a new game to do while Geocaching Wink

Silent Bob
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We thought the footprints were ArcticAbn's actually. Doesn't match the handwriting, though... and he wouldn't do that to us. =) We should have taken a sample of the footprints. I'm guessing around US size 11 winter boots.

-Aaron
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
We thought the footprints were ArcticAbn's actually. Doesn't match the handwriting, though... and he wouldn't do that to us. =) We should have taken a sample of the footprints. I'm guessing around US size 11 winter boots.

It wasn't Arcticabn because he would not have come in and gone out the way he did. I know exactly where he would have parked and you and I would not have seen the prints until we were at the first stage... They would have come in from the left if our backs were to the hill.

The person probably owns a Magellan unit or a higher end Garmin (76S) that automatically sets the Magnetic North declinations as he found the final in 30 seconds. Kitch was able to locate the final with precision accuracy even with his not being like Good-Boy's "blinging" color Magellan.

Silent Bob
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd guess they alrdy did GPS knowledge ...since nobody was at that cache's first leg...
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitch wrote:
I'd guess they alrdy did GPS knowledge ...since nobody was at that cache's first leg...

If I wasn't so damn tired from non-stop caching w/Aaron and you I would probably go out and check the log book on that one.

Silent Bob
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to guess, I'd guess its "GPSFree", who I also believe logged the anonymous FTF at "Rotary Rest Stop". But thats just pure speculation. Bob, you have a log with a sample of his handwriting...

OTOH, if I was going to pull one like this, I'd write with my left hand and really keep them guessing.

-Rick
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
Too bad it wasn't a tight architectural script, or I'd know it's Moe the Sleeze right away. Moe - where did you pick that up anyway? Your carrer? Perhaps a high school drafting class?

Bingo! Junior high actually. Although when I go back and look at samples of my father's printing, it was surprisingly similar.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickrich wrote:
If I had to guess, I'd guess its "GPSFree", who I also believe logged the anonymous FTF at "Rotary Rest Stop". But thats just pure speculation. Bob, you have a log with a sample of his handwriting...

I didn't even think of that because he logged his name at River Hills Huff and Ruff just never online... It breaks Aaron's theory that he is in his 40's. This guy was more in his mid to late 20s.

Silent Bob
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marsha and Silent Bob wrote:
I didn't even think of that because he logged his name at River Hills Huff and Ruff just never online... It breaks Aaron's theory that he is in his 40's. This guy was more in his mid to late 20s.

That was just a guess. RickRich makes a good point I think as well. If he was really interested in making a game out of this, he'd be using his left hand in the logs. Perhaps he just doesn't want to log on the site. =) Either way, we'll find him.
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but it wasn't me. I have not attempted this cache yet. Was planning to attack it with SB and S4xton the other day but they started out to late in the evening.

No of course I am a little pissed at you Arron. You spend 4 hours roaming around trying to find this one multicache point but you haven't done GKC yet. I'm insulted.

Bob, if you recall according to Kitch someone did deface Cache 1 on GKC. Don't know if they ever found the last point. I haven't wanted to pull cache maintenance on it in this deep snow for fear of leaving tracks right up to it and ruining the challenge.
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcticabn wrote:
No of course I am a little pissed at you Arron. You spend 4 hours roaming around trying to find this one multicache point but you haven't done GKC yet. I'm insulted.

I did this cache before GKC only because SilentBob asked me to come with to try to be FTF the day of, and I said yes. It had nothing to do wanting or not wanting to do a particular one first. Lately I've been caching with people that have already done it, so I'll have to do it when I'm caching by myself or with a friend that hasn't done it yet. No reason to be insulted... I'm sorry if me doing this one first came off the wrong way, it certianly wasn't intended as so.

-Aaron
Kitch
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres footsteps right to step one...so have at it...i got confused on step 2 ...more like in a hurry...
Arcticabn
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
I did this cache before GKC only because SilentBob asked me to come with to try to be FTF the day of, and I said yes. It had nothing to do wanting or not wanting to do a particular one first. Lately I've been caching with people that have already done it, so I'll have to do it when I'm caching by myself or with a friend that hasn't done it yet. No reason to be insulted... I'm sorry if me doing this one first came off the wrong way, it certianly wasn't intended as so.
-Aaron

Damn Aaron, I guess I'm going to have to start using a bunch of Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing so you know when I'm pulling your leg. I would think that after a 9 hour 31 cache day you might know me a little better then that.

You'll get around to it eventually.

By the way SB that leather item that Tuit on it was just that. "A Round Tuit".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: