MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caching Duluth/Superior 4-24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoAddict
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Caching Duluth/Superior 4-24 Reply with quote

Spur of the moment, I know.

I'm going caching tomorrow around the duluth/superior area, want to find 'Watch for Falling Rocks' for one. Of course, it's weather pending so if its going to be rainy I wont be doing much. Will have the geomutt along for the ride too.

I guess if anyone is around and wants a geocaching partner for the day, let me know by responding here, I'll be checking my email tomorrow morning around 8AM at Dunn Bro's on London Rd. Come find me there if you want Surprised
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever get around to this one Whit, let us know where you parked to get down there. We tried but could not find a way down. The first time had us above in someones backyard, hardly the wet approach we knew was needed. I really have to stop using the nuvi to get us close to caches. Always the wrong side or wrong area. The 60cx's are the better choice but got to get a couple micro sd cards to put topo mn. maps on them.
ghost640
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow W 21st street down toward the lake, cross over the highway and follow the road around till it intersects Water street. (Roughly N 46 48.274 W 92 03.863). You should be able to find parking on Water street. You can directly access the lake from that intersection (which will involve some rock scrambling to get to the site) or follow the road till it ends and work your way down to the shore.
It's a beautiful walk along the shoreline, you'll find the cache in a E()*#UIHF*D (oops, keyboard problem Smile ).

While you're in the area, there are a couple other caches within walking distance to the SW along the lakewalk (one is called Lakewalk), and several good ones within a half mile - enjoy!
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ghost.

Ya we tried that road last fall, know which one you are talking about, but some new homes going up at the end of Water Street. We also tried from the overpass by The Edge last summer, and did DLH's spot on shore caches then tried for watch for falling rocks, but ended up above. This last trip we drove up and down London road and the nuvi had us everywhere but the right spot to park. So we did Lakewalk. Neo p.m'd us and said we just had to walk a bit farther down form the overpass at The Edge and we should be able to get to it. We have done at least 2/3 of the caches.....make that traditional caches around Duluth but this one is one we really want to avenge, just because we spent so much time, not even getting near it. LOl. See you in 3 weeks and again thank you
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just a follow up, We finally found out how to get to this cache, so that was good, only problem was the giant waves, got real wet, played cave man, felt everything I could, but could not locate it. My only thought was saying goodbye to a $400.00 gps. We will try again when there is a drought and I stop by Wal-mart and get water wings. Most uncomfortable drive home I experienced. Thanks again to all the Mn. Cachers for providing us with some real nice hides in places we would not normally go and see. See you all soon. Next cache to avenge....Joboo's goose poop.
Hunter-Killer
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another follow up, goose poop in Hibbing found in minutes. Why did we not find it the first trip? And watch for falling rocks was found a week latter. That is defiantly worth the terrain and difficulty rating. Standing in lake superior, water temps 10c or so yet I was sweating at the end of it. Now that was work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: