MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Geocaching.com Down?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4019

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
speedysk1 wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
pfalstad wrote:

Hopefully he'll fix GSAK to automatically download them when doing the email retrieval, so I don't have to do it by hand.


I didn't know it was broken (although I haven't tried a 1000 PQ yet either). What's broke?


PQs with >501 entries will no longer be emailed. Just the link will be. You will have to manually download them from groundspeak.


Somebody remind me why I PAY to be a premium member please.


You're a techie. Just think of how much bandwidth they're saving by all of the PQs that go unused?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5690
Location: north of Duluth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
speedysk1 wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
pfalstad wrote:

Hopefully he'll fix GSAK to automatically download them when doing the email retrieval, so I don't have to do it by hand.


I didn't know it was broken (although I haven't tried a 1000 PQ yet either). What's broke?


PQs with >501 entries will no longer be emailed. Just the link will be. You will have to manually download them from groundspeak.


Somebody remind me why I PAY to be a premium member please.


You're a techie. Just think of how much bandwidth they're saving by all of the PQs that go unused?


Bandwidth is cheap.

At least an option to email them would be nice then...
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 4019

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
speedysk1 wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
pfalstad wrote:

Hopefully he'll fix GSAK to automatically download them when doing the email retrieval, so I don't have to do it by hand.


I didn't know it was broken (although I haven't tried a 1000 PQ yet either). What's broke?


PQs with >501 entries will no longer be emailed. Just the link will be. You will have to manually download them from groundspeak.


Somebody remind me why I PAY to be a premium member please.


You're a techie. Just think of how much bandwidth they're saving by all of the PQs that go unused?


Bandwidth is cheap.

At least an option to email them would be nice then...


Bandwidth at home is cheap. Commercial connections are NOT cheap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5690
Location: north of Duluth

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least the option to email the queries to the user would have been nice... Now I think I'll have to research a little what it's going to take to grab them automatically from the link provided. Another task to do.
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
King Boreas
Geocacher


Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Posts: 2438
Location: Exploring Minnesota

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh oh

<HEAD><TITLE>Connection reset by peer</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY><H1>Connection reset by peer</H1><HR>
<FONT>
Description: Connection reset by peer
</FONT>
<HR>
<default>
</BODY>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Manfromwillow
Geocacher


Joined: 04 Oct 2009

Posts: 145

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't get geocaching.com to load, i tried it with both firefox and internet explorer, is it working for anyone else?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Manfromwillow
Geocacher


Joined: 04 Oct 2009

Posts: 145

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is now working for me, even got my pocket querry up and running that i couldn't get working last night, sorry for the previous post!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jam3s
Geocacher


Joined: 26 Oct 2008

Posts: 842

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GC.com is down again! I like that they post a nice announcement saying that it will be down on Tuesday, and I didn't notice it was down. Today, it is just down.
_________________
~~ I was told all I needed was a GPS. I wanted everything else. ~~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jam3s
Geocacher


Joined: 26 Oct 2008

Posts: 842

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back up, but slow. I did some checking and it was not just me....
_________________
~~ I was told all I needed was a GPS. I wanted everything else. ~~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
15Tango
Past MnGCA Chair


Joined: 17 Dec 2002

Posts: 841
Location: St. Paul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow again - I submitted a PQ 3 hours ago and it ran just now.
_________________
There comes a time in every young boy's life when he gets an irresistible urge to seek buried treasure.--Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spinowner
Geocacher


Joined: 25 Nov 2004

Posts: 584
Location: Plymouth, MN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaaaaaaaay slow for me today. Anyone else?
_________________
Sig line? I don't need no stinking sig line!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
qwerty2582
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 03 Apr 2009

Posts: 458

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinowner wrote:
Waaaaaaaaay slow for me today. Anyone else?


Me too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lx2
Geocacher


Joined: 24 Sep 2008

Posts: 16

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me 3. Took me about 10 minutes just to log out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spinowner
Geocacher


Joined: 25 Nov 2004

Posts: 584
Location: Plymouth, MN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems OK now. They must have been installing another downgrade. Wink
_________________
Sig line? I don't need no stinking sig line!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President


Joined: 19 Nov 2005

Posts: 1059
Location: Grand Rapids

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lx2 wrote:
Me 3. Took me about 10 minutes just to log out.




Log out?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.