MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Geocaching.com Down?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
loneeagle_24
Geocacher


Joined: 17 Jun 2003

Posts: 874

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkyfry wrote:
Anyone else having problems with the website? I want to log my FTF!


I'm not having any luck either!

Maybe they are Updating some stuff and making it so you can put 1000 caches into a PQ. They are supposed to have this done by the second of May from what they said. That's only a few days away.....
_________________
King of the Jeff Gordon TB's!
They put that cache WHERE?


Last edited by loneeagle_24 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rustynails
Geocacher


Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Posts: 792

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beagleboo
Geocacher


Joined: 06 Sep 2007

Posts: 168

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DNF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 29 Oct 2007

Posts: 1991

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beagleboo wrote:
DNF
Laughing
_________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher


Joined: 10 Jan 2003

Posts: 1148

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site is down for approximately 1 hour.
_________________
"Hi, I'm Moe, or as the women know me - Hey! You in the bushes."
-Moe, The Simpsons
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rustynails
Geocacher


Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Posts: 792

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moe the Sleaze wrote:
The site is down for approximately 1 hour.


It's been over an hour. Do you mean an hour from your post, or when it went down? Thanks Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
timewellspent
Geocacher


Joined: 19 Mar 2008

Posts: 708

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loneeagle_24 wrote:
sparkyfry wrote:
Anyone else having problems with the website? I want to log my FTF!


I'm not having any luck either!

Maybe they are Updating some stuff and making it so you can put 1000 caches into a PQ. They are supposed to have this done by the second of May from what they said. That's only a few days away.....


Well it is back up and you are right. 1000 on the PQ's now!! Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 29 Oct 2007

Posts: 1991

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
Well it is back up and you are right. 1000 on the PQ's now!! Cool


SWEEEEET!
_________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
15Tango
MnGCA Board


Joined: 17 Dec 2002

Posts: 860

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you don't have to wait for the PQ email - there's now a tab for PQs ready to download. I've also found the WAP site still works when the main site goes down - http://wap.geocaching.com - no frills, no bells and whistles, but you can get cache pages, last 5 logs for caches, log in and log caches, etc.
_________________
There comes a time in every young boy's life when he gets an irresistible urge to seek buried treasure.--Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pfalstad
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Feb 2006

Posts: 1015

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timewellspent wrote:
Well it is back up and you are right. 1000 on the PQ's now!! Cool

Hopefully he'll fix GSAK to automatically download them when doing the email retrieval, so I don't have to do it by hand. And they broke the "Find nearby caches of this type" link, I hope they fix that soon!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sparkyfry
Geocacher


Joined: 03 Jun 2008

Posts: 349

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
And they broke the "Find nearby caches of this type" link, I hope they fix that soon!


Gee, I wonder which type of cache you were looking for...? Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5709

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:

Hopefully he'll fix GSAK to automatically download them when doing the email retrieval, so I don't have to do it by hand.


I didn't know it was broken (although I haven't tried a 1000 PQ yet either). What's broke?
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board


Joined: 29 Oct 2007

Posts: 1991

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
pfalstad wrote:

Hopefully he'll fix GSAK to automatically download them when doing the email retrieval, so I don't have to do it by hand.


I didn't know it was broken (although I haven't tried a 1000 PQ yet either). What's broke?


PQs with >501 entries will no longer be emailed. Just the link will be. You will have to manually download them from groundspeak.
_________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pfalstad
Geocacher


Joined: 02 Feb 2006

Posts: 1015

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkyfry wrote:
pfalstad wrote:
And they broke the "Find nearby caches of this type" link, I hope they fix that soon!

Gee, I wonder which type of cache you were looking for...? Smile

You know I'm addicted to letterbox hybrids! Wink I can just create a pocket query and preview that instead, so crisis averted...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President


Joined: 04 Apr 2004

Posts: 5709

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
pfalstad wrote:

Hopefully he'll fix GSAK to automatically download them when doing the email retrieval, so I don't have to do it by hand.


I didn't know it was broken (although I haven't tried a 1000 PQ yet either). What's broke?


PQs with >501 entries will no longer be emailed. Just the link will be. You will have to manually download them from groundspeak.


Somebody remind me why I PAY to be a premium member please.
_________________
Hmm...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.