MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tech Article needed: loading waypoints

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Tech Article needed: loading waypoints Reply with quote

I'm looking for one or more individuals that would be willing to write an article for the front page on how to load waypoints into a GPS.

It would need to cover both USB and serial GPS units and cover at least Garmin and Magellan.

It would need to be written for a newbie - someone who's probably never hooked their GPS up to the computer or loaded a waypoint before. It should start at the "download a loc or gpx file" on gc.com and end with loading the unit. It should include where to download the software from (I would recommend EasyGPS for it's simplicity).

Screen shots of the software would be a necessity. Photos of cables, etc would be helpful.

Let me know either here or in private if you're willing to write it or assist in getting it written.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: