MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GSAK - Point of Interests to my Garmin Legend

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MN Lost Boy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: GSAK - Point of Interests to my Garmin Legend Reply with quote

I am trying to download the GSAK - Point of Interests to my Garmin Legend. WHen I try it says that my device is not recognised and try setting the option to "Garmin". I have not been able to make it work.
Is there something I need to do special....

When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: GSAK - Point of Interests to my Garmin Legend Reply with quote

MN Lost Boy wrote:
I am trying to download the GSAK - Point of Interests to my Garmin Legend. WHen I try it says that my device is not recognised and try setting the option to "Garmin". I have not been able to make it work.
Is there something I need to do special....

When you say points of interest do you mean waypoints? They are done differently.

I'll assume waypoints. Are you using a serial adapter to connect your device? If yes, then you don't use USB you still select "Garmin", the "Generic Serial" on COM4 port.

If you have a usb mini plug on your gps, then you can use the USB setting.
MN Lost Boy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Points of interest Reply with quote

I am using the Garmin points of interest program to download custom points of interest generated by the GSAK Macros. The issue is my GARMIN e-trex legend has a serial port (Not USB). I do not know how to get the GARMIN POI program to "Recognise" my GPS unit.

When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Points of interest Reply with quote

MN Lost Boy wrote:
I am using the Garmin points of interest program to download custom points of interest generated by the GSAK Macros. The issue is my GARMIN e-trex legend has a serial port (Not USB). I do not know how to get the GARMIN POI program to "Recognise" my GPS unit.

Can you connect the device in map source?
MN Lost Boy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Map Source Reply with quote

I don't have MapSource so I don't know. I was able to upload geocache waypoints from the GSAK program to my GPS, so i know the cable works. I just need to find a way to make the POI program recognize my serial ported Legend. ...

Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll want to make sure that you're using the correct com port. Speedy mentioned COM4, although it can be different from PC to PC. Check and see what COM port GSAK is set to use, since you know that works, and then make sure the POI loader is set to the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: