MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for June 2009 Cache Of The Month!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should receive Cache Of The Month honors for June 2009?
"Just Ducky" in Long Lake Park
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Miss A Sippy?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Walter Library Virtual
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Elmer Bunyan
85%
 85%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 27

Millah
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Vote for June 2009 Cache Of The Month! Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay folks, I was on vacation. The Cache Of The Month Nominees for June 2009 are:

GC1NX63: "Just Ducky" in Long Lake Park by TopGear
nominated by Jam3s

I would like to nominate "Just Ducky" in Long Lake Park as when I was going through the caches I hadn't seen a cache like the outside container. The real shock was when I opened up the outside container to see the interior container that I really liked and the reason for the nomination. I think that the sign on the interior container was icing on the cake. This cache was definitely a shock. If you haven't checked it out at the KB 2000th hide, you should head out there as soon as possible.

GC1QZVB: Miss A Sippy? by BananaForce & NouvelleBottes
nominated by wylbur

This is a fun one, only two finders so far, so get down to the river and check out this cache!

N02A9F: Walter Library Virtual by Joukkusisu (NOTE: This cache is published on NAVICACHE.)
nominated by emmanogoldfish

It's a new virtual (hidden on 26 Jan 2009), worthy of nomination on that alone.

GC1RMJZ: Elmer Bunyan by The Ruderat Crew
nominated by KRedEP

For those of us in the SW Metro, we are spoiled. The quality of the caches is extremely high – this cache continues that trend. This is the first Wherigo cache in Minnesota. That fact alone deserves a nomination. But what makes this cache special is the amount of effort that was put into this cache to create a fun, special and enjoyable experience. At the park you are taken on an adventure complete with choices to make, trails to follow, and corny jokes to add to the excitement. Reading the logs you know that those who completed this cache thought it was a special experience. People who have completed Wherigo’s in other states have remarked how truly special our first one is. The bar has been set high here in Minnesota. A whereigo cache requires a Colorado or Oregon. There are plenty of them out there – if you don’t have one, try to borrow.

Last edited by Millah on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
ECA Dad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A whereigo cache requires a Colorado or Oregon."
Garmin Nuvi 500's and 550's also have WhereIGo capability.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: