MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minnesota DNR Scientific and Natural Area Earthcaches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Copaman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Minnesota DNR Scientific and Natural Area Earthcaches Reply with quote

The MN DNR has approved earthcaches (and only earthcaches) in their Scientific and Natural Areas. I recently created an earthcache for Chimney Rock SNA, and though there were some initial kinks in the approval process, we've ironed them out and got the process in place.

Kudos to the Minnesota DNR for recognizing the educational potential for earthcaches, and they are actually excited about the prospects for the use of these areas for earthcaching.

They have an application process to work through. They will provide you the application, and then they will want to review your write-up prior to approval. Some of the major concerns regard traffic, trash, and impact. You will need to post the rules regarding the use of the SNA as part of your description.

The POC for the SNA earthcache program is Mark Cleveland at 651-259-5094, mark.cleveland@state.mn.us
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool.
Lx2
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! Love earthcaches.
team_geomonkey
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
PackaDad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just visited it, this is an excellent earthcache. I would probably not have known about this site at all without there being an earthcache there, and really appreciated our visit there. I particularly like the optional requirement 5 - to CITO the site. If more SNAs have this sort of appeal I look forward to visiting (and maybe placing) more new earthcaches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: