MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caches near electrical equipment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Caches near electrical equipment Reply with quote

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=112407

FYI, gc.com is apparently no longer allowing caches that are "on or near electrical equipment".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HugoBear
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I went ahead and read the thread...

Is this really a problem? Are there so few places to hide caches that this is going to cramp someone's style? Wreck the fun? Start the banning of all things we know and love?

I hope the folks around here have a little more sense than to get bent out of shape about this issue. (drops $0.02 in the can and walks away)

As long as someone else is going to point it out anyway, I'm new around here. Busted. You got me. n00b. And I still think the hubbub is silly.
-Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually hope that most cachers know better than to attempt to open a electrical box, or allow their children to attempt to do so, but all that aside I wonder if it means the death of a bunch of Twin Cities caches? It depends how far they take it - there's a few "near" support posts and poles, there's a few magnets "on" the boxes, and then there's a Candy Apple Green hide that springs to mind as well. The place it's mounted, is it considered "on or near" electrical equipment? Or by the nature of the hide and container itself, does it qualify as such? (trying not to ruin anyone's fun who hasn't found it yet)

Anyway, while I can see the argument behind the policy, I still think common sense has prevailed with cachers up until this point, right? Ah well...
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about 3 caches that look like electrical equipment, but the wires don't go anywhere.
eagleyes
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about caches near a Satellite dish group used for receiving info for cable TV? I mean within about 25 ft or so?
Grey Wolf and Wild Rice
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like an Iowa approver issue and not a Geocaching.com issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: