MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where did you get that name?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's try to keep the aliases discussed a bit more on the clean side, ok? This is a family oriented area Smile
RINO SHAWN
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Marsha and Silent Bob Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:08 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's try to keep the aliases discussed a bit more on the clean side, ok? This is a family oriented area

Thats why I stopped where I did....they only get worse from there Wink
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this thread before. Today seems like a good day to chime in on it.

Paklid is an amusing species of humanoids in Star Trek TNG. They bumble through the galaxy "looking for things".

Now, that was kind of embarassing admitting that my name is based on Star Trek.

Live long and prosper.
jambro
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, quick and dirty - jambro was a nickname given me from guys in my squadron when I was in the USAF. The jam is from my first name (you can call me Jim) and the bro is from my last name - we'll leave it like that. The name just stuck, and guys I still keep in touch with always call me that even today.
Gustobob
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I guess I can chime in on this one also. Way back, in my Freshman year at college, I was at a party where for reasons that I won't go into, a western theme erupted. Let's just say that there was beer involved! Anyway, everyone there was given a name: Rob-Bob, Billy-Bob, John-Bob, Sally-Bob, etc...and of course Gusto-Bob! For some reason mine was the only one that stuck. I've been Gustobob for over 25 years now. Not very exciting, but there it is. (I still like beer).
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the most interesting threads here.
Rouster
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a few that had already been taken, then plucked this one out of the air.

In hindsight, I can contribute my name to rousting my two daughters out of bed (at 5:30 am) every day.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROUSTER!
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess s4xton found it,

Last edited by King Boreas on Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
IBcrashen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine came about during a bad week of mountain biking and me finally getting a pc and getting online in the same week. In one week I broke 3 helmets in 3 different crashes. Was crazy, reckless, young and heeled quickly back then. After the second crash I went for a ride with 3 of my cousins. I was third in line and went over the bars head first again and broke my helmet with a good loud thud. The first 2 cousins stopped and asked what that noise was. As I got up and I said I Be crashen again. Later that night one of my cousins was helping me get online, rookie PCer at that time. When trying to choose a biking name that wasnt taken all he could remember was how much they were laughing at me earlier about the crash and the way I said I Be crashen again so he signed me up as IBCrashen.
fireman121
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is pretty straight forward, I am a paid on call fireman, and my badge number is 121, so you get Fireman121.
AerosmithPA
MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know nothing about Aerosmith except the lead singer is Steven Tyler. The first cache our team found it was I (Steve), and the oldest child, Tyler. We found the cache and decided we better come up with a name fast. Since we were working with Steve n Tyler, we got the Aerosmith thing. But the younger team members, Patrick and Aaron need to be included also. AerosmithPA sounds better than Steve-n-Tyler, Patrick-n-Aaron.
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AerosmithPA wrote:
We know nothing about Aerosmith except the lead singer is Steven Tyler. The first cache our team found it was I (Steve), and the oldest child, Tyler. We found the cache and decided we better come up with a name fast. Since we were working with Steve n Tyler, we got the Aerosmith thing. But the younger team members, Patrick and Aaron need to be included also. AerosmithPA sounds better than Steve-n-Tyler, Patrick-n-Aaron.

I know this sounds strange but ever since I saw your name I wondered what it meant. For some reason visions of you passing out in the backseat of someone's car at an Aerosmith show in Pittsburgh and waking up in Minnesota where you decided to live out your life was stuck in my mind.

Smile
Posen
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Why Posen? Reply with quote

I used to always go by the name "Curly" reflecting my sheep-like hair style of the seventies, but lately God has started a "product recall" and my curls have given way to more of a buffed shine...so I had to find a Plan B.

One of my other hobbies is radio-controlled model warship combat (Model boats with bb guns that shoot each other and sink each other...MWCI.com), and one of the ships I battle is the WWI German battleship, Posen. Perhaps as we Geocahce more, we'll have to have a "Find a nickname for Posen's wife, Amy" contest...but for now, we share the name Posen.
former hawkeye
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm orginally from Burlington, Iowa and I have had 9 eye surgeries-so I think the name fits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: