MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twenty-four Hours of Caching Event?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsha and Silent Bob
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Twenty-four Hours of Caching Event? Reply with quote

I was talking this over with a couple of others and they seemed midly interested so I thought I'd ask everyone here... Would there be any interest in a summertime event along the lines of camping and caching for twenty-four hours straight? Meet somewhere and just take off caching in groups or alone...

Seems like it would be fun, at least to me... If there isn't sufficient interest for an actual event I will still be going at it myself and possibly with the others I spoke with... If there does seem to be some large group interest I would start working on more solid plans and getting areas together that we could do this in (possibly another state due to the volume of caches in the area that would need to be open)?

Let me know what you all think,
Silent Bob
King Boreas
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Memorial Day weekend a good time? Who would be interested in this, but NOT on this weekend?

... just wondering ... Razz

arrive...raise heck...leave (SCSA)
Joelcam
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for something like that. I read about an event out west called a Cache Machine, where they meet around 6am and cache all day until sunset and then met at a Red Robin for dinner. They try to get 40 caches or so during the winter months, and 60-80 caches in the summer months. They focus on a specific area and map it out to give folks who join late an idea of where they will be throughout the day. They seem to get 3-4 car loads of cachers together and hunt in packs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: