MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Posts since last visit not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrFixit246
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Posts since last visit not working Reply with quote

I have tried to use this feature but they are all white. I don't know if it is just me or if this a website issue. Am I the only one?

If it is just me how can I get it back. Don't want to miss a single action packed posting. Very Happy

Thank you for the great work getting the site back up and working, and getting the avatars going.

MrFixit246
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had noticed some irregularities. Some times unread subject not a different color, some times read ones are white. I thought it was me getting in a tangle. Maybe not though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it personally. Have either of you had issues on other sites with cookies? Do you both have the auto-login function turned on or do you log in each time and may have forgotten?

Has anyone else seen this since Jan 15?
Centris
Past MnGCA Chair

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

towlebooth wrote:
Has anyone else seen this since Jan 15?

Nope... mine always lists perfectly. No irregularites at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed some strangeness as well, where it uses the cached (no pun intended) page instead of the updated, current page. I genereally just hit refresh and it works fine. This is the only site where I've noticed that problem. I'm using Safari 1.2 (v125).
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4xton wrote:
I've noticed some strangeness as well, where it uses the cached (no pun intended) page instead of the updated, current page. I genereally just hit refresh and it works fine. This is the only site where I've noticed that problem. I'm using Safari 1.2 (v125).

Thanks. I'll keep my eyes open for it. When in doubt hit refresh - good adivce.
Lyverbird
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I paid better attention when I just logged on. Mine auto-logg's me on. Sure enough, things I had not seen, where posted while at work, were white.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MrFixit246
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my cookies might be the problem. Mine won't auto log me in and I seem to be one of the few with this problem. I'll work on erasing the cookies and seeing if it works.

thanks for the help

MrFixit
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFixit246 wrote:
I think my cookies might be the problem. Mine won't auto log me in and I seem to be one of the few with this problem. I'll work on erasing the cookies and seeing if it works.

Hope it does - it's my best and only guess. Seems to be limited to just a couple people which makes me think it is a setting or cookie issue on your machines. Read all posts, delete the cookie and see if that helps.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> MnGCA Website All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: