MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MN State Parks Wildlife Safari - Garden Island
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
CharleneMae wrote:
If you mean organizing the list of people going and taking care of the details with Captain Deb, yes, I was planning on doing that. I'm not entirely sure what Paklid did last year as I am somewhat new to caching.

Yes, this kind of organization. I would not expect you to create an event for it but it was cool as a means to provide details. Also, I HIGHLY suggest a backup date in case of bad weather a day before or after the 30th. And if that date is earlier than the 30th, it works better for me than after the 30th Wink .

I was just reeminded by my wife that my sister will be home from Texas that week. So unless things are moved to the weekend prior to the 30th my odds of being able to make it are dropping. On the other hand, I will talk to my sister and see if she has an interest in going along. If so, that would be AT LEAST 5 of us. I'll certainly keep you posted. I PERSONALLY DO want to make the excursion, just a matter of timing.
CharleneMae
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
bflentje wrote:
CharleneMae wrote:
If you mean organizing the list of people going and taking care of the details with Captain Deb, yes, I was planning on doing that. I'm not entirely sure what Paklid did last year as I am somewhat new to caching.

Yes, this kind of organization. I would not expect you to create an event for it but it was cool as a means to provide details. Also, I HIGHLY suggest a backup date in case of bad weather a day before or after the 30th. And if that date is earlier than the 30th, it works better for me than after the 30th Wink .

I was just reeminded by my wife that my sister will be home from Texas that week. So unless things are moved to the weekend prior to the 30th my odds of being able to make it are dropping. On the other hand, I will talk to my sister and see if she has an interest in going along. If so, that would be AT LEAST 5 of us. I'll certainly keep you posted. I PERSONALLY DO want to make the excursion, just a matter of timing.

Ok, keep me posted. Unfortunately our date is not able to move by very much (1 day maybe). The company we both work for has a mandatory shutdown that week. So, the start and end dates of our trip aren't very flexible. We are using this time to visit a bunch of MN state parks in the NW and N-central of Minnesota to complete our Passport Club and also the Wildlife Safari caches. Our route doesn't put us in the Garden Island area until the 30th. We could maybe do the 29th or 1st.

I figured picking a Tuesday to Garden Island isn't the best choice for most people. We are planning on going anyway (providing the weather works out, of course) so I thought I would see if anyone else was interested. So, yeah, that's the story on why we are going on what seems to be a random Tuesday.
minnesotafox
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Garden Island up and ready Reply with quote

I noticed that this cache is now listed. I have added it to my bookmark list. Happy hunting!
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Bus&Betty wrote:
I remember there was discussion on whether those that completed the History Challenge needed to go to Garden Island for the Safari Challenge.

Was a decision ever made?

As far as I know it is required. But I've got nothing to base that on.

You just need to goto Zippel Bay to get your card. This is how the first person was able to finish before the Garden Island cache was placed.
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you finished the State Park Challenge in 2008 the park system is allowing the finalists to receive a Safari Challenge card for Garden Island from the office at Zippel Bay (if you provide proper proof and documentation of your 2008 achievement). However, if you did not complete the 2008 challenge, you will need to go to Garden Island for a card. (Of course, even if you finished 2008, you can still go to Garden Island--it's a blast of a trip!)
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Mizzou wrote:
If you finished the State Park Challenge in 2008 the park system is allowing the finalists to receive a Safari Challenge card for Garden Island from the office at Zippel Bay (if you provide proper proof and documentation of your 2008 achievement). However, if you did not complete the 2008 challenge, you will need to go to Garden Island for a card. (Of course, even if you finished 2008, you can still go to Garden Island--it's a blast of a trip!)

Exactly! That is why this year she said that she wants to try snowmobile!
T&J
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard of a planned trip to Garden Island? We would be very interested in joining a group. T&J
T&J
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Garden Island Reply with quote

We are planning a trip to Garden Island with Capt. Deb Butler from Young's Bay, Northwest Angle mid - morning of Wednesday, August 19th. There is room in the boat for 6 or 7 more people. If interested, contact Capt. Butler at 218-223-5015. T&J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Northern MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: