MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for March Cache Of The Month!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should receive Cache Of The Month honors for March 2009?
Geocache or No Geocache
56%
 56%  [ 21 ]
Flying Leap (of Faith)
24%
 24%  [ 9 ]
Kiswahili Kisiwa
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 37

Millah
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Vote for March Cache Of The Month! Reply with quote

Its that time folks...and the Cache Of The Month Nominees for March 2009 are:

GC14DNM: Geocache or No Geocache by ArcherDragoon
nominated by Chapskis1

I don't normally try to solve or find puzzle caches, but I had a blast solving and finding this cache. This was probably one of the easiest, but at the same time most difficult puzzles I have tried. This cache is based on the hit TV gameshow "Deal or No Deal" but instead of having 26 briefcases to choose from, you have a 26 sets of coordinates to choose from. Each set of coordinates is real -- they will lead you to a park in the city of Rochester. Through deduction, reasoning, and trial and error, the cacher tries to determine which park the cache is at.

This cache was both unique and fun. I didn't find the cache on my first try, but it was a lot of fun whittling the list of caches down, and maybe seeing a few parks that I didn't know existed otherwise.

I am nominating the cache based on its originality, the fun factor (probably the most fun I've had finding a cache), and as a recognition to the cache owner because of all the time and effort that I am sure was involved in planning this cache.

GC17B0F: Flying Leap (of Faith) by knowschad
nominated by Millah

This cache is definitely one of my favorites up to this point. On a day of great caching and conversation at Schaar's Bluff in Spring Lake Park Reserve, this turned out to be a truly reaffirming experience. After a morning of finding well thought-out, constructed, and placed caches, we took a Flying Leap and it was everything it promised and more. This, to me, is an embodiment of many of the reasons I enjoy geocaching - a good challenge, able to be shared with friends, in an amazing location that I might otherwise have never visited or known existed. Amazing view at GZ that I will definitely revisit on a lazy summer afternoon. The view alone is reason enough to make the trip - smiley or no smiley. Give it a shot - you won't be disappointed!

GCX0EX: Kiswahili Kisiwa by dgauss
nominated by bflentje

This cache has many elements that make for a great experience. The cache starts out as a pretty straight forward puzzle that the majority should be able to solve in short order. The final coordinates take you on a 5-star terrain adventure to a place that I'd be willing to bet that no more than 1000 people in the entire history of the world have ever been to. The great thing is, while this cache normally requires some kind of water resistant equipment to get to, during the winter months it can be attained through other means such as snowshoes or even your personal cache-mobile. Once at the cache site, you've a very nicely hidden container that even the most inexperienced cacher can find. Plenty of room for tradables and trackables. Be sure to spend time exploring this hidden gem of Rice County. I can only imagine how nice it would be in the late spring or mid-autumn (I'll be back).
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: Geocache or No Geocache

Sweet, way to go Archer. I love how there are exactly 16 finds and 16 votes.. that's 100% involvement by the MNGCA membership Laughing . You do realize now that I'll have to make another trip to Rochester. I saw this cache in the past but only glanced at it. But after reading further, I do love the concept. It reminds me, in a very vague way, of a cache I've got coming this spring.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
RE: Geocache or No Geocache

Sweet, way to go Archer. I love how there are exactly 16 finds and 16 votes.. that's 100% involvement by the MNGCA membership Laughing . You do realize now that I'll have to make another trip to Rochester. I saw this cache in the past but only glanced at it. But after reading further, I do love the concept. It reminds me, in a very vague way, of a cache I've got coming this spring.

All the support is greatly appreciated!!! It seems, given the interest in the cache as well as the growth of caching in the local area, I may have to rework a couple of the locations in the upcoming future...

Hint...Hint: It may be a bit easier to find this soon versus a bit later... Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: