MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache Of The Month Nominations - May 2009

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millah
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Accepting Cache Of The Month Nominations - May 2009 Reply with quote

The nomination period for May COTM is now open! Your contributions to this process are appreciated as COTM is completely membership-driven. Submit your favorites ladies and gentlemen!

To nominate a cache, you may

1) post a nomination in this thread.

2) send me a PM through MnGCA.org.

3) e-mail me directly at millahmn@gmail.com.

When nominating a cache please include the cache name, waypoint, owner, and a brief description of why you are nominating the cache for COTM honors. Your description should explain why you feel this cache is worthy of recognition – WITHOUT SPOILERS! If you are unsure of whether a cache is eligible for nomination, please click here.

Thanks!

Tim (Millah)

Last edited by Millah on Sun May 03, 2009 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
mazzmn
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
I'd like to nominate Geo-Opoly: Chance #3 (GC1JZY7) (night cache) by Twood80 and Zookeep for cache of the month.

I was going to nominate this cache simply because I know it took lots of work to set up and it's tons of fun. There aren't many night caches around, I did this in the winter, and I think people should try it now before the leaves crop up.
Today a log post showed up that virtually forced me to go through wtih the nomination...a quote:

"This hide remains one of the best in Rochester, but it is not easy and with the Spring thaw the terrain level is probably a 4. Thanks for several fun evenings."

Thanks!
MazzMn
minnstars
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: GCIJENZ Wells Faulgo Reply with quote

http://www.geocaching.com:80/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=42d80598-31c3-4ae2-b7d1-8e8c72008c5b

This nomination is for
GCIJENZ: Wells Faulgo
the 35th hide done by Timewellspent. This is a classic TWS puzzle cache that has its share of twists and turns before you come up with a solution, but what makes this cache worthy of cache of the month is what you find at GZ. I don’t want to spoil the surprise, but the cache has an ATM theme and the cache is NOT hidden in an urban setting. It’s hidden in a woodland area! The cache page tells you that you need to bring the provided PIN number once you solve the puzzle. What would you need a PIN number for??? Well use your imagination and you will get some idea of the time and expense that TWS put into this cache container. For those who have done TWS’s 30 Feet which way? you will get an idea of what to expect at GZ, but Wells Faulgo takes it to a new level! Well Done!

PS – TWS means no offense at making this an SOC cache. He is just trying to protect his investment. He has told me that he would gladly send the cache page information to any non-member who requests it via email.
emmanogoldfish
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate GFY (GCJFPY) by pharos80 and whatsagps for May 2009 Cache of the Month. It's a micro in the woods that's been there since 2004 and almost all the logs relate a positive experience geocaching.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate "The Easy Cache"GC1JC36 by Good Neighbors. I found this during pre-WNC caching with TWS and was amazed at the quality of the "container". It's clear a lot of time went into this cache. The location is interesting as there are lots of old metal objects all over the place. Between the metal and the terrain, it will give your GPS a fit, but using your geosense, you should find this without issue. This is a great cache to bring kids too, just be careful with the rusting metal around.
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GC18RD3: Elba Fire Tower
by altura

I would like to nominate GC18RD3 for Cache of the Month because of the experience I have had with this cache. It offers a great view of the surrounding Whitewater River Valley, a great & scenic hike to the top of the bluff and an amazing story of accomplishment to tell your friends (just for conquering 600+ stairs in one direction)!!! And, if you suffer a bit from an abnormal fear of heights…you can even challenge yourself since there is a cache at the end of this adventure (some people shall remain nameless until the cache page is read)!!!

If that is not enough to convince you to vote for this cache, I would suggest reading the logs on the cache page and taking a look at the gallery…very fun cache and worth the time and trip to the area!!! Besides, May would be an excellent time to visit the area...
Bunganator
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GC12VXJ: Ammo Can Tribute by minnesotabrad
nominated by bunganator

OK, I honestly couldn't resist. Even with so many nominations, I am nominating Ammo Can Tribute (GC12VXJ) by minnesotabrad. The minute I spotted the container, COTM was my number one thought. This is one of the best cache containers I have ever seen. I couldn't tell if he made it himself or bought it, but it was nothing short of a masterpiece.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't we be voting for April's COTM nominations? Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: