MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Groundspeak..
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 3972

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Groundspeak.. Reply with quote

We have always known that Groundspeak is thin skinned and easily embarrassed about their failures and follies. Well, today I was suspended from the national forums because I called Groundspeak's idea of geocaching in space a joke. How lame.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boreal Walker
Geocacher


Joined: 14 Aug 2008

Posts: 205

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is funny and disturbing all at the same time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AustinMN
Geocacher


Joined: 21 Mar 2012

Posts: 108

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I encountered a user that thin-skinned, I would advise them to avoid the internet altogether.

I quit using the national forums because 1) there seemed to be a lot of useless drivel, and 2) I just didn't have the time.

Austin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 3972

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groundspeak still has not gotten the message. Another VERY COOL COTW but would not be published by our reviewers here in MN. Anyone guess why?

blog.geocaching.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Copaman
MnGCA Board


Joined: 25 May 2011

Posts: 174

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Groundspeak still has not gotten the message. Another VERY COOL COTW but would not be published by our reviewers here in MN. Anyone guess why?

blog.geocaching.com


Why couldn't it be approved here? Just curious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 3972

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copaman wrote:
bflentje wrote:
Groundspeak still has not gotten the message. Another VERY COOL COTW but would not be published by our reviewers here in MN. Anyone guess why?

blog.geocaching.com


Why couldn't it be approved here? Just curious.


A pair of 4x4 posts embedded into the ground..

And to be clear, this is not a judgement of our local reviewers. It's to call out the hypocrisy of Groundspeak.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boreal Walker
Geocacher


Joined: 14 Aug 2008

Posts: 205

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:

A pair of 4x4 posts embedded into the ground..


If it is on private property with permission, then this is within guidelines. Cache page really doesn't say one way or the other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rustynails
Geocacher


Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Posts: 776

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:
bflentje wrote:

A pair of 4x4 posts embedded into the ground..


If it is on private property with permission, then this is within guidelines. Cache page really doesn't say one way or the other.


Sounds like a public area. See below

Found it Found it

01/03/2013

Cool "camo" had to wait out some muggles who were sucking on some cancer sticks. This is the coolest cache ever! And IN PLAIN SIGHT!!! Love it! Thanks for the map of ur caches!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 3972

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:
bflentje wrote:

A pair of 4x4 posts embedded into the ground..


If it is on private property with permission, then this is within guidelines. Cache page really doesn't say one way or the other.


That might be the understanding that you and I have of the guidelines but that might not be reality.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 3972

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pointing out that the latest Cache of the Week on Groundspeak's blog provides incentive for some to violate geocaching guidelines. But then who is surprised??

http://blog.geocaching.com/2014/02/this-one-is-a-shoe-in-tree-of-soles-gc27xew-geocache-of-the-week/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boreal Walker
Geocacher


Joined: 14 Aug 2008

Posts: 205

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
I am pointing out that the latest Cache of the Week on Groundspeak's blog provides incentive for some to violate geocaching guidelines. But then who is surprised??

http://blog.geocaching.com/2014/02/this-one-is-a-shoe-in-tree-of-soles-gc27xew-geocache-of-the-week/


So, what rule does this one violate? Sounds like it is just a PnG along the side of the road. Only problem would be the lack of good parking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rustynails
Geocacher


Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Posts: 776

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an invitation to litter. It's very ugly, IMO. I read a few logs where people have added their trash to this eyesore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boreal Walker
Geocacher


Joined: 14 Aug 2008

Posts: 205

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
Sounds like an invitation to litter. It's very ugly, IMO. I read a few logs where people have added their trash to this eyesore.


Well, the shoes were in the tree to begin with. The cache just brought peoples attention to it from the caching community.

Shoe Tossing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bflentje
Geocacher


Joined: 29 May 2006

Posts: 3972

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boreal Walker wrote:
Rustynails wrote:
Sounds like an invitation to litter. It's very ugly, IMO. I read a few logs where people have added their trash to this eyesore.


Well, the shoes were in the tree to begin with. The cache just brought peoples attention to it from the caching community.

Shoe Tossing


Encouraging the leaving of more shoes. Many of their highlighted logs mentioned geocachers left shoes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonkaMN
MnGCA Board


Joined: 10 Jun 2009

Posts: 800

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rustynails wrote:
Sounds like an invitation to litter. It's very ugly, IMO. I read a few logs where people have added their trash to this eyesore.


That isn't littering. It's Art!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Geocaching Cache Icons, Copyright 2009, Groundspeak Inc. All rights reserved. Used with Permission.