MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Read Me: Six degrees of Separation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add a solid line between JoelCam and me. We met today at "A breath of fresh air".
s4xton
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran into "The Treasure Trovers" today in Beckley, West Virginia. They are a family from Kingston, TN I believe. Took a photo with them I will upload later.

-Aaron @ N37 22.064 W081 04.609 (The couch I sleep on in Princeton, WV)
Joelcam
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the line to Moe, add one for head05 AKA Pog Man. Met him near his new cache today.

-Joelcam
Joelcam
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another black line for Joelcam and JT aka KC0QEG to FSU*Noles. Met him at "Ya Want Some Fries With That?" cache.
JT
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Newbie! Reply with quote

I guess you could show a black line from me to jcater... who found the site and the event at 1730 tonight and showed up for his first cache!!!! thats awesome!!!!!!

-JT

Thanks for the fun all!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into the guy running this graph, richrich! And can't forget dyl1231 too. They were leaving the SHORT walk cache next to BW3 and I was just arriving. Two more black lines for me Smile.
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry RJ, but I made a policy decision awhile back to only show red lines from parents to kids under driving age. Its an attempt to keep the size of the graph under control.. So you get only one line to me. But maybe Shelley will log her finds and you can claim that line too.

JT and jcater: I hate to disappoint a newbie, but no black lines for events. I can give jcater a red line to you if you guys went out and cached one together, though. Otherwise, the black line will come naturally and quite by accident.

-Rick
KC0GRN
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into Candy Apple Green looking for Tre-sure today, another one of those in the right place at the right time sorta things.

Nice meeting you C.A.G.! Glad I was able to help find it with the coordinates Rickrich posted.
fsu*noles
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned above, I ran into JT again and JoelCam for the first time at "Ya Want Some Fries With That?" - JoelCam, sorry 'bout your Huskies!

Update on Tre-Sure: The person I went with to the cache, who is mysteriously refered to as "my friend" in the logs, now has an account and a name: DirectionLess. What a great name, I'm surprised it wasn't taken!

So in a single day, the following cachers all met in one spot at one time, maybe a record for a non-event cache?

s4xton
tixer
frozen132
FSU*Noles
DirectionLess
oldgoldie
Redbird

At any rate, that's a whole lotta new lines on the graph!

-Ken
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black line to Good-Boy--alas, it wasn't at what seems to be the hottest cache in town right now, Tre-sure--I ran to him after I found Tre-sure and went to look again for Boreas Rex III in another part of the park.
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so I didn't get the black line for caching with dyl1231 at the event last weekend but I certainly get one now.
I ran into him at rickrich's newest cache, Dam you Mtn-Man. He was on his bike and we did some of it together. A very fun hide and informative too. Put me down for yet another black line RR!
rickrich
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, RJ, I think I may have to modify my rules a bit. It seems to me that meeting a kid cacher who went to the cache without being driven there by his parents does deserve a line. Since dyl1231 went there alone and on his bike, and then you showed up and stole his FTF away from him, he should get some kind of consolation prize.

But a black line? He should get a purple line for being beat out of an FTF by an adult thinking only of himself. Smile

Ever see the Seinfeld episode where George is at a kids party and a fire breaks out in the kitchen? George runs over the kids and an old lady to get out of there. Smile Smile Smile
RJ
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickrich wrote:

Ever see the Seinfeld episode where George is at a kids party and a fire breaks out in the kitchen? George runs over the kids and an old lady to get out of there.

Great episode. Put me down for a purple line Smile. All's fair in love and geocaching.
towlebooth
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red-line me to Arrow javeguy, a friend I've introduced to caching in recent months.

(he's still figuring out dates. . .but he's getting there)
Minnesota
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran into Kitch at Silent Bob's excellent new Multi On Top of Old Smoeky. Looks like a black line for us! Thank you RickRich for maintaining this chart it is a lot of fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 9 of 73

Jump to: