MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Island

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Power Island Reply with quote

If anyone is working on Jasmer, and still needs to get Power Island in Michigan for it... a group of us booked a charter on Monday morning, June 22. We can take 2-3 more. pm me if interested!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Island Reply with quote

dmnrec wrote:
If anyone is working on Jasmer, and still needs to get Power Island in Michigan for it... a group of us booked a charter on Monday morning, June 22. We can take 2-3 more. pm me if interested!

Should prove to be a fun trip for you. The island is bigger than it looks on the map. About an hour and 15 to hike completely around it.
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested, not sure on my schedule but I need that month/year.
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kc9gbo wrote:

Our trip around the mid-west is going to include 7 old caches we need for Jasmer... there is another one within an hour of Power Island which is the 2nd oldest cache in MI, from August of 2000 if you need that month.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmnrec wrote:
kc9gbo wrote:

Our trip around the mid-west is going to include 7 old caches we need for Jasmer... there is another one within an hour of Power Island which is the 2nd oldest cache in MI, from August of 2000 if you need that month.

You do not want to miss the other cache you're mentioning.. there's only three remaining of that month/year combo left in the entire US, this one, one in Utah, and another in Georgia which may have recently been archived.
Boreal Walker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
You do not want to miss the other cache you're mentioning.. there's only three remaining of that month/year combo left in the entire US, this one, one in Utah, and another in Georgia which may have recently been archived.

I was hoping to get the one in Atlanta this year so I had to check. Lake Lanier is still active. There is also Match Stash if you ever make it over to Sweden. I have heard that Potters Pond can be difficult to get to due to elevation and snow cover.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power Island Beach Party
kc9gbo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do need that other cache also, I am guessing that you will be going over the top of Michigan since you are from the Duluth area?
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kc9gbo wrote:
I do need that other cache also, I am guessing that you will be going over the top of Michigan since you are from the Duluth area?

Yes, that is the plan... after we hit those two, then we will head down to Grand Rapids, MI... to Indiana for it's first cache... then over to the Chicago area for Beverly and Burlington. Then finish off at the Dells, since it's the only way I can get my 13 yo son to go along for the ride, Laughing . Well, that and an Ipod.

Thought about doing this one as a little detour after Chicago, but I will not do it in mixed company : http://coord.info/GC57FMW
Laughing
dmnrec
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Power Island Beach Party

Cool idea! Don't think I'll do an event with it when we go... tight timeline...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: