MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IBcrashen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: IBcrashen Reply with quote

It's with deep regret that I pass on the information that Larry, IBcrashen, passed away last night.

To quote dsj3mill from Facebook this morning:

dsj3mill wrote:
Larry passed away at the hospital last night. He endured many surgeries over the past few months and fought a hard battle. Our friend Lucia152 said this morning "I bet there aren't any DNF's in heaven. Godspeed IBCrashen." I will miss him dearly and forever refer to him as "The Evil Cacher". My deepest sympathies to Gonsolo and Larrys family.

Larry was an important part of caching in the northern part of the state, being one of the first cachers as the sport grew. He will be forever missed.
Moe the Sleaze
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh damn. I believe I only met Larry face-to-face once but I always looked forward to finding one of his caches.
spinowner
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never met him but we had a shared bit of background in that we were both once members of branch #150 of the NALC. Sorry to hear the news.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sincere condolences. I've never met him but have found two of his caches. One being the famous Dark Passage (GC20AA) last fall during the Cliff Hanger event.
ShadowsFriend
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May he rest in peace.

We never got a chance to meet him, but were very luck to find one of his famous caches, Waiting 4 Red.
northtrekker
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was very difficult to read. My sincerest sympathy to Larry's family and friends. He was a class act in the geocaching field. First time that I met Larry was in 2005 - a great summer day while caching at Pet Rock Point GCKJV5. Had the pleasure of meeting his wonderful friend Gonsolo and side kick Roxy, too. What a team. May he rest in peace.

~nt
Team MN Moose
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew IBcrashen was a letter carrier, That being said, I'm sorry to hear passing of a brotherhood. I am fortunate to also found Dark Passage. Prayers for his families.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: