MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Groundspeak HQ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Groundspeak HQ Reply with quote

Hi all - just thought I'd let everyone know that I finally made the pilgrimage to Groundspeak. I'm in Seattle on a 4-day pass from Ft. Lewis, and thought I'd be remiss in my duties as an avid geocacher if I didn't go to Groundspeak. I got to meet a couple lackeyes as well as Jeremy himself. They have a big cache in the lobby (of course), and they tried to pawn off a bunch of t-shirts that seem to accumulate there. All the servers are off site, so I didn't get to see any of those, but I'm computer illiterate anyhow, so I wouldn't have known what I was looking at. I thought their furnishing looked familiar, and they said it all came from Ikea. A bunch of really nice people, though, and I'm glad I finally got to meet the man behind the curtain that runs this entire hobby of ours.

NeoAddict
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nifty! Someday when I travel to Washington I'm determined to get the HQ cache and the APE cache.
NYSandy23
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exciting 15Tango. Glad you have a pass from the conflict as well..

BBaka"L" and I are stopping at Groundspeak HQ in early June after our Alaskan cruise. We would be willing to drop TB's or coins in the cache or dip for mileage for anyone who would like that. Just PM me and we'll set up a pick-up.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice...wish I could pull that off.

My shirt size is XL, just in case they ask. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Looks like you had fun on your 4 day pass. Would love to get out to Washington sometime.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a cache there at the building I'm guessing they are quite used to visitors... having said that how fun would it be to go in and just act like you are totally lost... think they'd help, or try to convince you of the wonders of a GPS unit?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
With a cache there at the building I'm guessing they are quite used to visitors... having said that how fun would it be to go in and just act like you are totally lost... think they'd help, or try to convince you of the wonders of a GPS unit?

I think they'd consider it a corny joke that they see multiple times per month. Laughing
15Tango
MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:

It's archived, and the posted coordinates put you out in the middle of a lake. I only got the big coin, and didn't discover any of the other bugs. I also forgot to grab the number to log a window cling bug they have there, too.

Seattle is a great place - at least what I saw of it. I also made the pilgrimage to the REI Mothership. I took a facebook quiz that said I should live in Seattle, but it does rain way to much in this neck of the woods (and it's not like those quizzes are accurate, anyhow).
NYSandy23
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBaka"L" and I stopped at Groundspeak on Thursday after finishing up our Alaskan Cruisetour. We had made an appointment since they only allow visitors without one on Fridays. It was a hoot. They have a big treasure chest in the lobby. We signed the log, discovered the bugs and coins and swapped out a few to bring back with us to the Twin Cities. They even gave each of us one of the newest edition Lackey Coins.

In conversation, it appears as though they now have 32 people working there. Seems geocaching and its related businesses are booming. Th employees we met were warm and friendly. If you are ever out there, make sure you stop by for a visit.

Cache is GCK25B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Geocaching Websites All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: