MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

St. Cloud WeekNIGHT Caching
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoPierce
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: St. Cloud WeekNIGHT Caching Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
I am still living in the cities, I work 4 days a week in St. Cloud and Telecommute 1..after 30 days of employment I get to telecommute 2 days and after 90 days I get to telecommute 3 days. I would like to move closer, but probably still try to stay in the maple grove/rogers area. Waiting for house values to go back up a bit, can't afford to sell right now.

I predict your average finds per day is going to up for awhile. Smile
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: St. Cloud WeekNIGHT Caching Reply with quote

GeoPierce wrote:

I predict your average finds per day is going to up for awhile. Smile

I'm not so sure...I'll be spending so much time on the road each day (3 hours) that I think it will cut into my caching time...also, I'm less likely to drive outta my way with the amount of gas I'll be using.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Jimmy's Pour House Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Like it, my wife has Girl Scouts on Thursday, but I think my Mom might be able to watch the kids, so I might be a go. I think that regardless of my ability to attend, that is the best night to do this.

Where would people like to go eat? I posted a few in my initial message..lots of places around to get food and drink.

Jimmy's Pour House in Sauk Rapids is pretty close to all of the caches and a good eat as well.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimmy's Pour House Reply with quote

bigred_librarian wrote:
Jimmy's Pour House in Sauk Rapids is pretty close to all of the caches and a good eat as well.

Sounds good...got coords?
(you can use this site: http://www.sirzman.com/gc/llf.cfm to find coords)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is a good spot to park and meet? Is that a parking lot at the end of 10th street?

45.59626, -94.18066
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Never been to a FNC Reply with quote

Having never been to a weeknight caching get together, I have a few questions about the evening.

Do you get together somewhere and then all ride together? Or do you meet at a caching location and then follow each other around? Obviously, you get together afterward somewhere.

Give a clue as to what the night might look like.

BRL
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Where is a good spot to park and meet? Is that a parking lot at the end of 10th street?

45.59626, -94.18066

I thought we would meet at the parking lot at the park as we go to the first cache. It is quite large parking lot.
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Jimmy's Pour House Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
bigred_librarian wrote:

Sounds good...got coords?
(you can use this site: http://www.sirzman.com/gc/llf.cfm to find coords)

Here are the coordinates using your tool from your website.

45.59040, -94.16544

Jimmy's Pour House
22 2nd Ave N, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379
Mrs. Mizzou
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually the area picked has 3-5 caches within walking distance, everyone meets at the coordinates and stumbles along in the dark from cache to cache. (All the while blinding each other with various flashlights and headlamps.) It's a good time! Then everyone goes back to the cars, picks a refreshment spot and compares caching stories.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Never been to a FNC Reply with quote

bigred_librarian wrote:
Having never been to a weeknight caching get together, I have a few questions about the evening.

Do you get together somewhere and then all ride together? Or do you meet at a caching location and then follow each other around? Obviously, you get together afterward somewhere.

Give a clue as to what the night might look like.

BRL

We can do it however we want, but the way the WNC works in the cities, is that we all meet at a parking location near the first cache (parking lot) and then head out as a group from there. Then if we need to drive to another location, we do that..then we all make our way to the restaurant and eat.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigred_librarian wrote:
sir_zman wrote:

45.59626, -94.18066

I thought we would meet at the parking lot at the park as we go to the first cache. It is quite large parking lot.

Are my coords the parking lot for the park? I guess that was what I was trying to find out...where the best place to park is. My coords are at the end of 10th street.
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
bigred_librarian wrote:
sir_zman wrote:

45.59626, -94.18066

Are my coords the parking lot for the park? I guess that was what I was trying to find out...where the best place to park is. My coords are at the end of 10th street.

Yes one of the parking lots. Great place to start is from there.
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Anybody else? Reply with quote

Anybody else planning on trying a SC TNC?

I'll be at the Capitol in St. Paul all day, otherwise I normally would be up for some pre-caching.
Bus&Betty
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNC in SC won't work for us this week. I'm teaching in Eagan this week and not getting home to Blaine until after 6pm.

We sure are interested in other weeks.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If have a couple of late nights this week because of school. I might try another time though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Central MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: