MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Podcasts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Podcasts Reply with quote

I've started getting more and more into podcasts lately. I spend about 90 minutes at a minimum behind the wheel every day and listening to the same old music over and over gets old.

I'm curious what podcasts people out there listen to. I've found that once I start listening to one that I like to go back and get as many of the old episodes as I can get my hands on in most cases (which may amount to just two or three or may amount to 50+).

Currently on my list:

NPR: Car Talk
NPR: Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!
Focus on the Family
The Popsci Podcast (Popular Science)
The Popular Mechanics Show
Obama's Weekly Radio Address
TCGCPC
Stuff You Should Know (howstuffworks.com)
TechStuff (howstuffworks.com)

I've found that I still have room in my list to add additional titles, so I'm curious what podcasts others listen to?
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Podcasts Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
I've started getting more and more into podcasts lately. I spend about 90 minutes at a minimum behind the wheel every day and listening to the same old music over and over gets old.

I'm curious what podcasts people out there listen to. I've found that once I start listening to one that I like to go back and get as many of the old episodes as I can get my hands on in most cases (which may amount to just two or three or may amount to 50+).

Currently on my list:

NPR: Car Talk
NPR: Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!
Focus on the Family
The Popsci Podcast (Popular Science)
The Popular Mechanics Show
Obama's Weekly Radio Address
TCGCPC
Stuff You Should Know (howstuffworks.com)
TechStuff (howstuffworks.com)

I've found that I still have room in my list to add additional titles, so I'm curious what podcasts others listen to?

Don't forget the Senate Republicans podcast. The address slips me but you can look it up.
Jonas
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Podcasts Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
I'm curious what podcasts people out there listen to.

I podcast several shows from Swedish Radio (similar to NPR/BBC) to keep up with news from the motherland. Mainly news/talk shows.

-Jonas
firstbass
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Podcasts Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
I produced a series of podcasts for my students about solving differential equations. Let me know if you'd like the link. Wink

Oh, I love podcasts. It's like radio that's perfectly catered to our interests. Since my interests change on a daily basis, so does my list of podcasts. For a while I listened to a well-produced podcast called Basic Brewing Radio. Podcacher is well-produced, but I got tired of it. I've listened to podcasts about bass guitar, soccer, politics, baseball, rotisserie baseball, producing podcasts, Vikings football, etc. etc. etc.

Right now, I'm listening to a podcast that you shouldn't... it might get into an argument with your FotF podcast and make your mp3 player explode. Smile But that's the beauty of the medium, and, incidentally, the beauty of these forums: we're all here with our different viewpoints and interests, talking about geocaching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Podcasts Reply with quote

firstbass wrote:
Pear Head wrote:
I produced a series of podcasts for my students about solving differential equations. Let me know if you'd like the link. Wink

Oh, I love podcasts. It's like radio that's perfectly catered to our interests. Since my interests change on a daily basis, so does my list of podcasts. For a while I listened to a well-produced podcast called Basic Brewing Radio. Podcacher is well-produced, but I got tired of it. I've listened to podcasts about bass guitar, soccer, politics, baseball, rotisserie baseball, producing podcasts, Vikings football, etc. etc. etc.

Right now, I'm listening to a podcast that you shouldn't... it might get into an argument with your FotF podcast and make your mp3 player explode. Smile But that's the beauty of the medium, and, incidentally, the beauty of these forums: we're all here with our different viewpoints and interests, talking about geocaching.

How about a refresher course cast on Integrals?
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Podcacher
Cache-A-Mainacs
Cachers Roundtable
GeoTalk (Australia)
Sonic Society - Old time Radio drama (Style)
TWiT (This Week in Tech)
Daily Breakfast with Fr. Roderick
Heroes Cast
Security Now

I used to listen to more, but after I lost my job last fall I kinda fell out of practice...now I don't remember what I used to listen to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Podcasts Reply with quote

[quote="firstbass"I produced a series of podcasts for my students about solving differential equations. Let me know if you'd like the link. Wink[/quote]

I checked out his podcasts, and they were really well done, some of the math went over my head, but it was clean audio that to someone in a class, would have been easy to follow and clear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
firstbass
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Podcasts Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
I checked out his podcasts, and they were really well done, some of the math went over my head, but it was clean audio that to someone in a class, would have been easy to follow and clear.
Thanks, Z!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: