MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DIY Event Tags
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanNMissy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I created a tag, and created an account.. And I have a credit of 10 free one sided tags, and you pay for shipping. It's about $4 each for shipping.. Think I might order 1 and see how it looks.. I like the design I've got, just hope the TB tags show up OK behind my name...

*Edit* Look at the special sale tab.. $199 tags with free shipping! Go get 'em!*/Edit*

Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered some when they were a buck and they turned out really nice. One comment though - the finished tag size is about 2" x 1.25" and they are beveled so the smaller writing along the bottom will probably not be readable.
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you got the .xcf image to work and... is that bling on your name? Smile

The bevel will make it difficult to read the fine print down at the bottom. I'm seeing LOTS of these at events!
IanNMissy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually created this from the .png. If the coords don't quite come out , that's OK. I don't think there's too many that want to go to the center of Minneapolis. Very Happy (Maybe there's a BM nearby.. interesting to check..)

That "Bling" is TB Tags 'hiding'. Very Happy What was the average wait to see your tags? 2 weeks?
oakwilt
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these dog tags and I saw some at the last event I was at. I just ordered 7. They have a deal for 1.99 each, double sided with free shipping. Thanks for sharing your templet and the links to the software, LucidOndine. It all worked out for me.
IanNMissy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these turn out, I might try the double sided tags.. Didn't really think about the double sided option...

My real question is, are you guys hanging these off your bags, or actually wearing them? Embarassed
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanNMissy wrote:
I actually created this from the .png. If the coords don't quite come out , that's OK. I don't think there's too many that want to go to the center of Minneapolis. Very Happy (Maybe there's a BM nearby.. interesting to check..)

That "Bling" is TB Tags 'hiding'. Very Happy What was the average wait to see your tags? 2 weeks?

So many of us ordered the tags all at once, there was a delay in shipping. I think I got mine in about 3 weeks.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanNMissy wrote:
If these turn out, I might try the double sided tags.. Didn't really think about the double sided option...

My real question is, are you guys hanging these off your bags, or actually wearing them? Embarassed

Many of us wear them during events. I'm not sure if anyone uses them for bling on swag bags or not.
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arts Cow is doing this offer again - $1.99 and free shipping. A lot of people ordered last year including us and they turned out pretty cool. The coupon code is DOG199TAGS and it says it expires 3/21 so get yours quick! Smile
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal-oween wrote:
Arts Cow is doing this offer again - $1.99 and free shipping. A lot of people ordered last year including us and they turned out pretty cool. The coupon code is DOG199TAGS and it says it expires 3/21 so get yours quick! Smile

Thanks Hal-oween, I may have to get one for The_Child & one for Bud.
Hal-oween
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arts Cow is doing this offer again - $1.99 and free shipping. A lot of people have ordered in the past, including us and they turned out pretty cool. The coupon code is TAGME199 and it expires 4/13/2011 so get yours quick!

http://www.artscow.com/design-templates/dog-tags

Check out the links in this thread for the graphics.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a sticky fourm?
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigilwig44 wrote:
What's a sticky fourm?

'Sticky' is just an indication that section of the forum is 'stuck' at the top, and won't move down the forum as other sections are commented on. As you can see, the icon is different. Kind of like a splash of goo, holding the topic in place.
sigilwig44
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
sigilwig44 wrote:
What's a sticky fourm?

'Sticky' is just an indication that section of the forum is 'stuck' at the top, and won't move down the forum as other sections are commented on. As you can see, the icon is different. Kind of like a splash of goo, holding the topic in place.
Thanks.
Guitar Solo
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:

Thanks.[/quote]
How long is it up there for? Forever...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: