MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Geo Tagging" Cameras and iLife 09 for Macs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGilby4
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: "Geo Tagging" Cameras and iLife 09 for Macs Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone else has had a chance to see this in operation yet, but it's really cool. Many of the new cameras that will be coming out will have built in gps units so that when you download your photos into computers they will have a built in "geo tag" on each photo identifying where it was taken. Iphones are already equipped with it.

Then if you are a Mac user, the new iLife 09 version of iPhoto has a function where it uses a world map and places pins (like google maps) for every location that you have taken your photos. You can then click on the pins to see albums or photos from those locals. Below is a sample from my iPhone cameras locations. You can also toggle back and forth from map to sat views. Fun stuff.

pfalstad
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: "Geo Tagging" Cameras and iLife 09 for Macs Reply with quote

Cool! I didn't know you could hide information like that inside photos! Smile I can see how this would be really handy for finding pictures.. Instead of trying to remember when you went to so-and-so for vacation, you just click on the map. Unfortunately I like Canon and they don't seem to have GPS-enabled cameras yet. At least I'll know where my crappy iphone pictures were taken.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: "Geo Tagging" Cameras and iLife 09 for Macs Reply with quote

pfalstad wrote:
Cool! I didn't know you could hide information like that inside photos! Smile

What?? You don't remember XXXXXXXX's Red and Green caches?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: