MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

With a little help from my Caching Buddies....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrRogersNghbor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: With a little help from my Caching Buddies.... Reply with quote

I always see these great geocaching teams out there and it looks like so much fun. Unfortunately, my fiance isn't able to cache very much due to health issues.
I would love to find someone to go caching with in the Southwest Metro. Anyone interested?

As a point of reference, I am currently residing in Chaska.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One suggestion is to join the WeekNIGHT caching crew when possible if they're meeting in the southwest suburbs. That's on Wednesday nights and you can find those postings in the forums under EVENTS. Everyone meets at the posted coordinates at 7:30 (year round) so bring a flashlight/headlamp and your gps and introduce yourself to the group of friendly folks staring at little lit screens and telling tall tales. Afterwords we usually go to a local eatery to tell more tall tales and share tips on solving puzzles, etc. The cachers in the SW metro are very active and friendly and would be more than happy to cache along with you!
MrRogersNghbor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've thought about going to some. How late do they usually go 'til?
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I am in the North Metro I go all over to cache. Send me a pm or email anytime. My wife does not cache so I go alone frequently.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrRogersNghbor wrote:
Yeah, I've thought about going to some. How late do they usually go 'til?

That is very flexible. There is usually some sort of 'precaching' for those who are interested. The 'planned' activities start at 7:30. Some people just stay for the caching, others head off to the watering hole for adult beverages and bragging.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the SE metro (Rosemount) but I also go all over. Anytime you want to meet, especially in the middle near Shakopee, Savage or Burnsville, give me a call. Those are areas that I never seem to get around to clearing out. Also always looking for riders on long caching trips to share company and expense with.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just a bit north of there and cache down that way quite a bit. Give me a jingle and I'll see if we can work something out. Also, WNC is great too. You can stay as long as you like.

Cheers!
msteffel
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Eden Prairie, but am unfortunately pretty unreliable when it comes to being able to meet up with people (part work, part other commitments, part laziness Embarassed). That said, I'm always interested in caching with folks (especially with how bad my finding skills are Razz ), just don't be offended if I can't make it a lot.

I can't make WNC due to other commitments, but I am planning on picking one morning a week to do caching before work (since I work with people on the West Coast, in general, I can get in later, but have to work later). Haven't decided between Monday, Tuesday or Friday yet and don't plan on starting till the week of 1/19. So if anyone else is interested in doing the same and one of those days is better than another, let me know!
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So MrRogersNghbor, when are we all going caching?
MrRogersNghbor
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...well, with all of the responses I almost feel like I should plan a WNC event.

Who's all going to KB's event next weekend?
mcskuizzy
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: With a little help from my Caching Buddies.... Reply with quote

MrRogersNghbor wrote:
I always see these great geocaching teams out there and it looks like so much fun. Unfortunately, my fiance isn't able to cache very much due to health issues.
I would love to find someone to go caching with in the Southwest Metro. Anyone interested?

Very Happy
Very Happy I sure am. Im a vet coming to the Twin cities to do a 2 week stay at the VA from 3/1 to 3/13 i would love to team up with you. I have the park and area around the VA pretty well mapped out and the park looks like it would take me all weekend 3/7-8 if thats something would interest you drop me a note.....

mcskuizzy (Mark)
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: With a little help from my Caching Buddies.... Reply with quote

mcskuizzy wrote:
MrRogersNghbor wrote:

Very Happy
Very Happy I sure am. Im a vet coming to the Twin cities to do a 2 week stay at the VA from 3/1 to 3/13 i would love to team up with you. I have the park and area around the VA pretty well mapped out and the park looks like it would take me all weekend 3/7-8 if thats something would interest you drop me a note.....

mcskuizzy (Mark)

Maybe you'll run into me on the trails and my wife in the haunted hallways of the VA. She's an RN in a surgical ward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Twin Cities Metro Area All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: