MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vote for Cache of the Month - November 2008

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which cache should be Cache of the Month for November 2008?
Black Beach
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Silver Cliff
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 17

Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Vote for Cache of the Month - November 2008 Reply with quote

This vote will be open for seven days...get your vote in while you can!!!

GC154EY: Black Beach by Candy Apple Green
Nominated by pfalstad
CAG has found another truly spectacular area that I never would have known about if it weren't for this cache! This cache had it all: a great hike, spectacular views, a physical challenge, and it all added up to one unforgettable experience.

This is a glorious location that is really a hidden gem. The beach is entirely black and is quite expansive. The small cove that it occupies is a wonderful swimming beach and is simply beautiful. It's also one of the few beaches on Superior that you can walk barefoot comfortably.

At the Southernmost end of the beach, there is a large rock formation that just begs to be climbed and explored. Atop of this location is where the cache is placed and the great views await you.

This is a climbing cache and will require you to be in reasonable shape, but not much more than that. Since you will be scaling about 55 feet upward, it is also prudent you not be afraid of heights.

GCPPEJ: Silver Cliff by EskoClimber
Nominated by Jonas and Julia
I would like to nominate this cache because it is a one in a thousand type cache in terms of physical difficulty and terrain. It provides an exciting challenge to approach and delivers some beautiful views overlooking Lake Superior once you find it. For me it ranks as one of the top 20 caches I've found in Minnesota.

Also, the cache is over 3 years old and is clearly well maintained. The cache page has useful attributes and a good cache description. This is one top notch cache!!!

If you have any words/reviews for any of the caches up for voting, please share them here by posting a reply...
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cache or High Water has been removed for the season (Removed November 23rd)...thus, it has been removed from the nominations...
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats EskoClimber and Silver Cliff!!!
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am humbled that my cache was nominated and then won Cache of the Month.

I would like to thank... STOP THAT I'm starting to sound like one of those brain dead fools at the Oscar's.

Thanks to all that have visited the cache. Jonas hit it on the head. I put the cache out because of the view. Of course it is an EskoClimber cache so the access is, well, not for the faint of heart.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EskoClimber wrote:
I am humbled that my cache was nominated and then won Cache of the Month.

I would like to thank... STOP THAT I'm starting to sound like one of those brain dead fools at the Oscar's.

Thanks to all that have visited the cache. Jonas hit it on the head. I put the cache out because of the view. Of course it is an EskoClimber cache so the access is, well, not for the faint of heart.

Loved it. Went up the most direct way about two years ago. I would not suggest wearing Birkenstocks while doing this great cache.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: