MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2009 State Park's Geocaching Safari
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a multicache once in Mankato where at stage #1 the coordinates for the final were written on the back of a stop sign with a Sharpie.

I suppose this thread is now off topic.. sorry.
andrewmcc
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been over a month and several of you have found more than 10 caches by now. I was just wondering if you are collecting or going to collect the geocoins that you can earn at the award levels?
I know there is someone out there that has 71 parks under their belt and are sitting at Zipple bay ready to head over to Garden Island.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewmcc wrote:
It has been over a month and several of you have found more than 10 caches by now. I was just wondering if you are collecting or going to collect the geocoins that you can earn at the award levels?
I know there is someone out there that has 71 parks under their belt and are sitting at Zipple bay ready to head over to Garden Island.

Wow! I have something like 18 or 19 done. I am collecting the coins.

Who is the person with all of them done so far?
m&tcacheseekers
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 23 cards and 2 coins so far along with a wild card.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a wild card! Crying or Very sad
Paklid
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on seeing his name in most of the Safari caches I've visited around the state, I would guess that TECGeoJim is way ahead of everyone else this year.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I thought as well. I am shocked that he is actually done already and just waiting for Garden Island. Congrats! I wish that I could do it.
nerdsinlove
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: garden island Reply with quote

On the MN DNR website they have a news release on Sarah and Jason Geisel finishing the Safari Challenge. Congrats! You were quick!

Side note: I'm assuming Garden Island isn't posted yet, haven't found it on geocaching.com, and the news release said their final cache was Zippel.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: garden island Reply with quote

nerdsinlove wrote:
On the MN DNR website they have a news release on Sarah and Jason Geisel finishing the Safari Challenge. Congrats! You were quick!

Side note: I'm assuming Garden Island isn't posted yet, haven't found it on geocaching.com, and the news release said their final cache was Zippel.

They may have done Garden Island last year and thus only had to pick up the card at Zippel Bay?
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: garden island Reply with quote

Jam3s wrote:
nerdsinlove wrote:

They may have done Garden Island last year and thus only had to pick up the card at Zippel Bay?

The article said they were #3 in finishing last year so they would have the GI card already.
CharleneMae
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have done 22 state parks so far (and even have a wildcard!) Yes, we will be collecting the coins. Now we just need to get back to Fort Snelling with all our cards to get the milestone cards and coins...

It's nice that we don't have to carry all our cards around with us this year. We can just leave them at home between trips and then bring them to Fort Snelling (our closest demo park) when we need a new milestone card.
nerdsinlove
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: safari first to finish Reply with quote

I was just wondering how they finished the Safari challenge this year, if Garden Island was not posted this year as of yet. The news release on the DNR said they visted all 72 parks and sras. Did they decide on an alternative cache for those who went to Garden Island last year?
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: safari first to finish Reply with quote

nerdsinlove wrote:
I was just wondering how they finished the Safari challenge this year, if Garden Island was not posted this year as of yet. The news release on the DNR said they visted all 72 parks and sras. Did they decide on an alternative cache for those who went to Garden Island last year?

If you completed Garden Island last year you only need to goto Zippel Bay and present your card. They will give you the current card.
loneeagle_24
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those interested. If Tecgeojim actually did get all but garden island already he still needs to do some logging yet then. I was looking at Glacial lakes last night and he still hasn't logged that one yet. Not sure if it is an oversight on his part or not. Just thought it was kind of interesting. Maybe he is just a bit behind in his logging?
minnesotafox
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Garden Island up and ready Reply with quote

I noticed that Garden Island is now listed. I have added it to my bookmark list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Park Relations All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: