MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Central Minnesota Geocaching Group?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bflentje wrote:
Whatever the intent of the OP, people will do whatever they do, which is fine. But I do see value in staying together at the higest level. Socially though? Post it and they.... I think it's been said enough.

BTW, I hereby declare the Rosemount Chapter the first official unofficial chapter of the MNGCA. We are claiming 0001 as our lodge number. Our hat design looks like the following..

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/12522.jpg

[snicker]
LOL
Will each chapter have a different color hat? The Glencoe Chapter (0002) would like red! Cool [/snicker]
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is getting a bit out of control. Mod, please lock this thread.

This is a great idea and all opinions should be heard and not mocked or ridiculed. I know some where trying to be funny, but it's getting out of hand now.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's steer this back on to the topic of creating a Central MN caching group please.

Thanks.
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pear Head wrote:
Let's steer this back on to the topic of creating a Central MN caching group please.

Thanks.

As far as this thread is concerned, there really are only two options:
- Central MN cachers, like anyone else, can be a part of the MNGCA AND still hold their own social/caching events.
- Central MN cachers can spin off to form their own organization though I don't see why you'd want to with the MNGCA already well established.

The forums alone are a great example of why we should all stick together. The "other" group that formed a few years back is lucky if they more than 1 or 2 posts a week. Without the participation of a growing population, I doubt you'd be successful. What is the cacher density of the greater central MN area? And exclude those cachers that'd prefer not to split away.

Only central MN cachers can decide what they should do but one thing is for sure, I can't imagine anyone here standing in their way. Aside from assigning them to be lodge #0003, I am not sure what else can be said unless the OP offers more information.
WillmarJ
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone come up with any groups yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Central MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: