MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Central Minnesota Geocaching Group?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Central Minnesota Geocaching Group? Reply with quote

I am just wondering if anyone has thought about creating a central Minnesota geocaching club or if we have one already. I know that I have found a north central club out of Bemidji. I think that Saint Cloud is ready for one and I think that we would pull in people from Little Falls, Brainerd, and possibly Monticello areas.

Thanks,

Jam3s
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jam3s,
Welcome to the MnGCA!
There was a group that started in the St Cloud area last year, here is a link to one of their events. I am not sure what the status of the group is now.
Red
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jams3,

There was talk at one time about putting together a Saint Cloud Sunday Caching Social Club (SCSCSC?). The idea was a once-a-month gathering for caching and cokes. I think it's a good idea, nothing has come of it yet. I believe there was one or two events.

The only other gathering we have had around here is "Burrito Buddies", a moving and infrequent Event Cache. It was a good excuse to get together and meet some of the names we know. I think we have scheduled 6 of them. They seem to be popular. Probably time for another one.

What do you have in mind? I would be interested in hearing any ideas.

Kurt Franke
bflentje
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurt Franke wrote:
Jams3,

There was talk at one time about putting together a Saint Cloud Sunday Caching Social Club (SCSCSC?). The idea was a once-a-month gathering for caching and cokes. I think it's a good idea, nothing has come of it yet. I believe there was one or two events.

The only other gathering we have had around here is "Burrito Buddies", a moving and infrequent Event Cache. It was a good excuse to get together and meet some of the names we know. I think we have scheduled 6 of them. They seem to be popular. Probably time for another one.

What do you have in mind? I would be interested in hearing any ideas.

Kurt Franke

It's almost 1yr since the Hutch Burrito Buddies... getting hungry for tequila and tacos.
bigred_librarian
Geocacher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Burrito Buddies or something??? Reply with quote

I am really game for some Central MN event. Burrito Buddies are great. Or some sort of get together at a park would do as well. Keep us in the loop and I would be willing to help plan something.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was just thinking of something that has times and a normal set date like third Saturday of the month or something when people would know that they can advertise that time of the week or month. Something where cachers can get together and cache, socialize and meet. I was just thinking of something that would mix the newer cachers in with some of the veterans.
speedysk1
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jam3s wrote:
Well I was just thinking of something that has times and a normal set date like third Saturday of the month or something when people would know that they can advertise that time of the week or month. Something where cachers can get together and cache, socialize and meet. I was just thinking of something that would mix the newer cachers in with some of the veterans.

As it's been said in other threads...if you set it up and post it, they will come. Wink Sounds much like what we do here in the cities with WeekNight caching.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysk1 wrote:
Jam3s wrote:

As it's been said in other threads...if you set it up and post it, they will come. Wink Sounds much like what we do here in the cities with WeekNight caching.

Yup, anyone can host an event, go for it Jam3s!
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then I think that we will have to all get together. I would like to meet some of the local people around since we all cache together but a lot of us have not met. We have about 6 cachers at work. Some are active and some are random... but I just think that we need to get everyone together.

Any ideas on when a good day and time would work? I have off almost the rest of the year this year and then also I am flexible.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the third Saturday of the month may limit the number of people, that is usually when we have the Breakfast Buddies. But, then again, gas prices have gone down, so maybe not.

Find a spot, and pick a date. People will come if they can.
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any recommendations on places?

How far is everyone here now away from Saint Cloud, Little Falls, etc. I live in Clearwater but work up by Little Falls.

Food recommendations?

Times? or Dates?

I think that I am shooting for something after January but we can hold one earlier if everyone would like. I am off work most of December.
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in favor of a reoccuring get-to-gether taking place. How does the 3rd Sunday sound? Around 3pm?

I would be willing to make the arrangements for a December 21st gathering it that's okay. From there we could go to January 18th, 2009.

I will make some calls and get back to you here.

Kurt
Jam3s
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kurt,

Thank you! That will work for me. I am off most of this month. Any ideas on what I should bring? What should I do?

Thanks,

Jam3s
Kurt Franke
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Sunday Caching Social Club - Saint Cloud 12/21 2pm Reply with quote

Here is my proposal...

If you're interested and available, let's meet at 2pm on Sunday 12/21 for some caching followed by some refreshments and conversation.

2PM

Let's meet at the parking coordinates for:

- On My Way to Work "Just Had To" Cache
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=2c672e10-af48-4c0d-b4f1-7d6aefc19d19

moving on to another squacthmeb classic,

- Clara's Cache
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e753fe9a-c88b-4853-9c96-7572d4a9a835

These are a couple caches, challenging enough, without alot of finds. I really like these caches and think it may be a good time of year to go get 'em. I have found them, so will you!

One of my caches is located fairly close by. We may want to sneak in the Final Stage of Sauk In - Trash Out as well.

3pm

Cachers and freinds can meet at the downtown Bo Didley's:

Bo Diddley's Deli
216 6th Ave S
St Cloud, MN

N 45 33.522 W 094 09.451
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=45.5587,-94.157517

Maybe this is something we want to do on a more regular basis. I would be in favor of once/month, maybe 3rd Sunday?

Hope to see some of you on Sunday, 12/21.

Kurt
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it on the calendar. No guarantees, but we will see what happens!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Central MN All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: