MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dodgeball Team
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Dodgeball Team Reply with quote

The Maplewood Community Center is forming an adult Dodgeball league. We need 6-10 people, and I have always wanted to be on a team. Any geocachers interested in forming a team with me? It's 10 weeks starting 11/23.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
minnesotabrad
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

What are the day and times of the games?
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I didn't live so far away, I would love the opportunity to whip rubber balls at you Z! Wink
LucidOndine
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
If I didn't live so far away, I would love the opportunity to whip rubber balls at you Z! Wink
Since when have we needed an excuse? Razz
MN_Cavepeople
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucidOndine wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:
Since when have we needed an excuse? Razz

Who is bringing dodgeballs to the event tomorrow? Very Happy
Or, I suppose we could just use the bocce balls.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnesotabrad wrote:
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

What are the day and times of the games?

I figure thats how we'll train!

Quote:
"The league will be 10 weeks long starting Sunday, November 23rd with no games on 12-7 or 12-28. Games are played Sunday early evenings with a referee being provided. A one week playoff containing the leagues top 4 teams will take place on Feb 15th."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:

I think you maybe so old you don't remember how the game is played, you don't whip rubber balls at your own teammates. Wink
MN_Cavepeople
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir_zman wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:

I think you maybe so old you don't remember how the game is played, you don't whip rubber balls at your own teammates. Wink

She would. Shocked
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MN_Cavepeople wrote:
sir_zman wrote:
Red_Devil35 wrote:

She would. Shocked

Well, since I am that senile, I may not remember who is on my team and who is an opponent! Cool
meralgia
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodgeball!! Now, I haven't played that since I was in high school and picked last. Must... repress... bad... memories...

Here's the info from the Maplewood Community Center:<br>"NEW!! The MCC will be hosting an Adult (18+) DODGEBALL LEAGUE! The league will be Sunday evenings starting November 23rd and will last 10 weeks. Teams will cost $300. Winners receive FREE entry to the Spring league. For complete league information check the MCC website below..."

http://www.maplewoodcommunitycenter.com/

Last edited by meralgia on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:20 am; edited 6 times in total
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meralgia wrote:
Dodgeball!! Now, I haven't played that since I was in high school and picked last. Must... repress... bad... memories...

No better way to work out that repressed anger than by hurling a rubber ball at high velocity at someones head (preferably the other team)
meralgia
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahoo!! Maybe I can bean Lucid for real! Oh wait... He'd be on our team. RATS! Wink Checking with the muggle husband. Maybe Loco could watch US play for once as we're always watching HIM play soccer.
sir_zman
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose you have 8 friends who would like to join the team. I thought for sure Lucid, 1B, Millah, would want to join up, but apparently they are scared of being hit by a rubber ball.
Pear Head
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this would be a blast to do. Unfortunately it's a little too far away for me... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Xena.
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit of a ways away from me, but I could try to make it to the Sunday night games. I may have to play on my tennis league for one or two of those Sundays, but otherwise I should be free. Have enough for a team yet?

I have many skills.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: