MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-December 2008

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Accepting Cache of the Month Nominations-December 2008 Reply with quote

Accepting Nominations...

Although I will accept nominations at any time, this thread is to remind everyone that I am accepting Nominations for Cache of the Month for December of 2008. You can submit COTM nominations to me using one of the following three methodsÖ1) Send me a Private Message through MNGCA.org or 2) Send me an Email at Arch283Co@aol.com or 3) Post a nomination in this thread. Nominations need to be written in a way that gives the reader a spoiler-free description of what make the cache special. You must include the Cache Owner, Cache Name and Waypoint with your nomination. Your nomination must also include a brief write-up for the cache (at least a sentence...but I would prefer something a bit longer...I honestly think we are capable of writing a couple sentences or a nice paragraph).

A further explanation of the cache of the month process can be found Here!!!

Thanks,
ArcherDragoon
EskoClimber
Past MnGCA President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horseshoe Hogsback GC1AGZ8 by first seeker

I took a look at Horseshoe Hogsback on the map thinking Iíd find a forest road or such leading to within 500 feet of the hide. I was genuinely surprised to find nothing on the map, nothing on the topo, nothing on the terrain and nothing on the satellite photo. Now Iím intrigued. I go back to the topographical map and pick out the only route that keeps me on high ground and out of the swamp. I pull out some waypoints to make sure I donít get too far off track during the upcoming bushwhack and head for Chisholm.
I thoroughly enjoyed the walk on the moraine on this November morning and had an even better laugh when I read Team Holliganís entry in the log book. I can see that my idea of fun and his differ.
When youíve had enough of park and grabs then come up and visit Horseshoe Hogsback. I can guarantee that at the very least youíll have a story to tell at the next event. It might even put you off park and grabs. I can only hope.
cushman rider
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Cache of the Month Reply with quote

I would like to nominate AerosmithPA's Rock,Paper,Scissors for the cache of the month because of the thought,planning and the twists of this unique hide! It's location is near downtown Grand Rapids. Lots of parking (cause you will be parked awhile!) The trails are easy to navigate and you will get to see them all!! Very Happy

ArcherDragoon Edit: GC1FDNM
-To All: Please don't forget to include the Waypoint ID with Nominations
uffda320
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to second that nomination of Rock, Paper, Scissors - GC1FDNM for December Cache of the Month.

AerosmithPA makes great use of the trail system with this cache. Without giving away too many hints, this multi can either be a fairly easy find or could take hours. It's located amongst the cross country ski/hiking trails behind Grand Rapids High School. You feel like you're in the middle of the forest, yet you're only minutes away from civilization. Plenty of parking is available. This is the premiere geocache in the Grand Rapids area. A must find when in the area. Just allow yourself plenty of time to find it.
momandson2006
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just completed http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=2c67fa61-46d6-4634-9186-9c4d38d03827 GC1FDNM And we headed here to nominate it for cache of the month to our surprise it has been nominated twice all ready! This cache is pure genius the way it is put together, it is in a beautiful area easy to get to well maintained paths to walk it is the perfect combination of multi-cache / scenery /`decent length workout hike. This was unique in our caching experiance. momandson2006
X51hz
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Topgears "BigShot" in Turtle Creek Open Space
GC1HAV0. It may not be the most difficult hide if you approach from the correct side but the hike is very enjoyable, you can almost forget you are in the twin cities.

The .5 mile or greater hike on a "goat path" is well worth it.
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a0fa9af3-9576-447d-99f2-cbcb6000840b
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: