MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cache of the Month Nominees-November 2008

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draconisdax
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Cache of the Month Nominees-November 2008 Reply with quote

The nominees for Cache of the Month in November of 2008 are…

GC18N3F: Cache or High Water by Jaklimber
Nominated by ArcherDragoon
I would like to Cache or High Water by Jaklimber because it is a great cache and the owner clear puts a lot of time and effort into design and placement of his caches. Jaklimber has several caches in the area that require people to think "outside the cache" and this one is no exception!!!

It may be listed as a puzzle cache...but that is only because of the very specific instructions that must be followed at the cache site!!! This is a well thought out, well designed and well maintained cache...and is a must do if you are ever in the area. Before you visit, be sure to carefully read the cache page and come prepared...and be sure to read the directions at the site...if conditions are not correct when you visit, you sill need to visit at another time in order...but it is well worth it to see the creativity involved with this cache!!! Just ask Mr. and Mrs. Nudlez...they had to visit on several different occasions before being able to "find" this cache...and they still enjoyed it!!!

GC154EY: Black Beach by Candy Apple Green
Nominated by pfalstad
CAG has found another truly spectacular area that I never would have known about if it weren't for this cache! This cache had it all: a great hike, spectacular views, a physical challenge, and it all added up to one unforgettable experience.

This is a glorious location that is really a hidden gem. The beach is entirely black and is quite expansive. The small cove that it occupies is a wonderful swimming beach and is simply beautiful. It's also one of the few beaches on Superior that you can walk barefoot comfortably.

At the Southernmost end of the beach, there is a large rock formation that just begs to be climbed and explored. Atop of this location is where the cache is placed and the great views await you.

This is a climbing cache and will require you to be in reasonable shape, but not much more than that. Since you will be scaling about 55 feet upward, it is also prudent you not be afraid of heights.

GCPPEJ: Silver Cliff by EskoClimber
Nominated by Jonas and Julia
I would like to nominate this cache because it is a one in a thousand type cache in terms of physical difficulty and terrain. It provides an exciting challenge to approach and delivers some beautiful views overlooking Lake Superior once you find it. For me it ranks as one of the top 20 caches I've found in Minnesota.

Also, the cache is over 3 years old and is clearly well maintained. The cache page has useful attributes and a good cache description. This is one top notch cache!!!

The vote will not start until November 24th to allow everyone time to find the nominated caches that wish to do so. Also, please feel free to post reviews or thoughts on the nominated caches in this thread if you have found them.

To nominate caches for December, just email me at Arch283Co@aol.com or PM me here or post your nomination for December in Taking Nominations for the Month of December 2008

Thank-you,
ArcherDragoon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MnGCA Forum Index -> Cache of the Month All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: