MnGCA Home MnGCA
Minnesota Geocaching Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   User listUser list   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013 MnGCA Fantasy Football

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: 2013 MnGCA Fantasy Football Reply with quote

Are you ready?

Yes I know nothing says football like 100 degree temps... but the boys of fall will be speeding to Mankato soon (literally) which means the football season is almost upon us!! So here's a quick review of the season's offerings:

--MnGCA "Pro" League: This is a somewhat "closed" league, in that the only way to get into it now is if a current team owner does not want to participate this year. You will inherit their team, and the $10 dues that go with it. Current owners look for information hopefully no later than the end of this weekend on that league.

--MnGCA League: Free and open, (you must have a Yahoo account because that is the league we use) look here in the coming days for a link to the league with the password. Sign up early, because if we get close to draft time and there is an odd number of teams (not allowed) last person to sign up (and make it odd) will get dropped. Or it could also get full.

--MnGCA Pick em League: Also on Yahoo a free weekly game for those who aren't into Fantasy Football (or want to do it as well) where you simply show off your "Jiimy da Greek" skills of picking the winner of each game. No point spreads, just straight up picks.

So there you have it, keep your eyes open for league information in the coming days.

Pro League Owners If I do not have your email address (and you have it set to private on Yahoo) please message me with an email address I can contact you at during the season. We have had issues in the past with people not getting messages through the Yahoo system so I want everyone's email address for major league announcements and issues only. You can email me at my personal email (listed on our football page) or send me a private message here.

Thanks, and here's to another season of trash talking fun!
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about this today! I am in baby.
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 MnGCA Fantasy Football Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:

.. but the boys of fall will be speeding to Mankato soon (literally)

Side action..the total number of speeding tickets the players will get before the season is over.
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 MnGCA Fantasy Football Reply with quote

Red_Devil35 wrote:
MNMizzou wrote:

.. but the boys of fall will be speeding to Mankato soon (literally)

Side action..the total number of speeding tickets the players will get before the season is over.

I suppose we can be polite and limit it to traffic infractions, although with 32 arrests of NFL players since the Super Bowl alone, any arrest might be more entertaining!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even 24 hours into the league's reinstatement and we have 7 owners back! As soon as all 12 slots are claimed look for an email with an owner survey.

Details on the "open" league coming very soon!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone interested we have one opening in the "Pro League" the manager of Team DNF has contacted me and expressed interest in another geocacher having the opportunity to take over his franchise because he has not been geocaching in quite some time. (Not a prerequisite mind you, just his own personal feelings) So at this time I am opening up his franchise to anyone interested. If you are interested, please follow these proceedures:

1. Contact me via private message here in the forum
2. In the message please list a valid email that you check regularly, the invitation will be sent there.
3. First come first served, timestamps/order of message reception will determine the order in which the invitations go out.
4. Once I send person #1 the invitation they will have 48 hours to acquire the franchise. If they do not then the next person on the list will also receive an invitation. By the way Yahoo works at that point it becomes whomever validates their invitation first.

Be aware this league has a fee, in years past it has been $10, (may change subject to a vote of current owners) all monies go back to the top 3 finishers. This is a live draft league, I anticipate we will have at least one keeper from your franchises current roster (last year's team) that too is going to be voted on at the owner's summit.

We have 10 of 12 teams resigned, and I strongly anticipate the only other outstanding team besides Team DNF will resign as well, so this may be your only chance this season to get into this league.

Good luck, and first one to draft Tarvaris Jackson wins!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Pro" League is at capacity for the season, with 11 of 12 team owners returning to run their franchises.

Look for information on the free league to come out hopefully by the end of the weekend, assuming I can get a little time!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link to the Free open to anyone league...

http://y.ahoo.it/7JhD4dRv

This league will have an autodraft, so no heavy duty football knowledge is required, just the ability to talk some smack every now and again! Come join the fun!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 teams so far in the "free" league! See the link above to get in on the fun! It is an auto draft league, so if you've never done Fantasy Football before it's a great way to wade into the fun.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNMizzou wrote:
8 teams so far in the "free" league! See the link above to get in on the fun! It is an auto draft league, so if you've never done Fantasy Football before it's a great way to wade into the fun.

What is the deadline for this league? Also looking forward to the Pickem league!
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last call for the free league... I am planning on locking it up and running the robot sometime Tuesday night... so if you want in now's the time!! Also if you were in the picks league (simple picking weekly winners straight up no spread) you should receive an email inviting you back. If you want into the league It is in the Yahoo Fantasy sports Pro Football Pick 'Em section,

The League Name is
MnGCA ProPicks

GROUP ID# 48235

Password is geocache

clever I know. Many ways to join the fun... jump on in, we only haze rookies for the first 3-6 weeks tops.
EPMinnesota
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: thursday night football Reply with quote

They've already promoting Thursday night football! It's coming Brian!!![/s]
MNMizzou
Geocacher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know... I got an email from the Vikings PR Staff at work regarding training camp schedules a few weeks ago. Ouch. I think they report like July 22nd.... it is getting earlier and earlier every year! Look for details on the 2014 league to roll out soon. Maybe I'll work on it while the munchkin is playing T-ball one morning. Although there is an oddity to working on football stuff while in the stands at baseball...
Red_Devil35
Past MnGCA Board

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First preseason game is August 8!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MnGCA Forum Index -> Non Geocaching All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: